Just ordered Razr coming from 4s please read

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
If the camera is very important to you, did you look at the Rezound? It has an amazing camera, even better than the 4S IMO. Razr's camera was 'meh' to me. Motorola is known for making the worst cameras on the planet. Don't be surprised if it lets you down.

The Rezound's pics I took weren't even as good as the RAZR pics I took, let alone in the class of the 4S. The two imaging kings of the mobile world are both the 4S and the Nokia N8. As I said, the RAZR takes very good pics but once you've owned a 4S and N8 as I have, you become spoiled. Would I be hesitant to go somewhere and using my RAZR as a camera?? Absolutely..

Reaction score
I always found the topic of cameras to be intriguing. I have only ever owned Motorola and the cameras have all been great for me. Pics come out crisp and beautiful. My sister has an iPhone and she had commented how jealous she is of the pics I get on my phone compared to hers. I guess it is just another subjective feature that is up to opinion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Depends on which iPhone. I say the RAZR is better than iPhone 3GS, equal to iPhone 4, and isn't as good as the 4S. RAZR takes pretty clear pics but the color reproduction is where it falls behind. And in low light situations it's a good deal behind the 4S.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I took 2 pics of outdoor stuff at my house the other day. I took 2 with my RAZR, 2 with my wife's iPhone 4, and 2 with my iPhone 4S. They are of the exact identical thing so its a good comparison. Whoever want to see them, (mod edit)*pm me your email* and I will gladly send them to you so you can compare and get a general ideal of the quality of the RAZR (if you don't own one already).

SallyC

Reaction score
I took 2 pics of outdoor stuff at my house the other day. I took 2 with my RAZR, 2 with my wife's iPhone 4, and 2 with my iPhone 4S. They are of the exact identical thing so its a good comparison. Whoever want to see them, (mod edit)*pm me your email* and I will gladly send them to you so you can compare and get a general ideal of the quality of the RAZR (if you don't own one already).

Why don't you just post them?

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Because I dont feel like getting on my computer :) I'll send them to you and you post them :)

OP
I

Irishleo

Reaction score
I did play with the rezound at VZ. I wasn't impressed with the screen. That's just my opinion. It seemed washed out compared to the Razr. The size and heft really turned me off as well. I will mess with the Razr when I get it on Friday. I will give it a fair shot. I believe the GN comes out tomorrow. I will head to VZ and play with on for an hour and do some real head to head camera test. I will also do some other test and make up my mind after handling both side by side. I have a feeling the GN camera will be a deal beaker for me tho. I have till 01-18-12 to trade out my Razr

jcardona1

Reaction score
I have heard the 5MP on the GN is not very good at all.

I've seen mixed reviews. I need to wait and try it for myself. I've seen people post excellent pictures, and other post horrible pictures (Gizmodo). I have a feeling it has something to do with the autofocus and the instant shutter speed. My be a bit of a learning curve with it. We'll see.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I did play with the rezound at VZ. I wasn't impressed with the screen. That's just my opinion. It seemed washed out compared to the Razr. The size and heft really turned me off as well. I will mess with the Razr when I get it on Friday. I will give it a fair shot. I believe the GN comes out tomorrow. I will head to VZ and play with on for an hour and do some real head to head camera test. I will also do some other test and make up my mind after handling both side by side. I have a feeling the GN camera will be a deal beaker for me tho. I have till 01-18-12 to trade out my Razr

Yeah it's definitely a matter of opinion on the displays. AMOLED screens tend to over-saturate the colors. I really liked the LCD screen on the Rezound. Appeared the most true-to-life for me. Razr and other AMOLED screen look cartoonish to me, plus I hate the blue/green tint on the white colors. I'm hoping the Nexus display doesn't turn me off.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are so many launcher options, play around and see what you like. Go and mdw are the most used but some prefer launcher pro, Regina, mx, etc....

For music, google is nice but I personally use Amazon mp3 cloud player for my music on the cloud and motocast fitter music and pictures on my PC. The reason I prefer Amazon over google music is the price. Buying music from Amazon is cheaper than google or iTunes.

Also, I understand those that are hesitant with rooting until an sbf, or whatever it is called on these phones, is available. But I finally decided to root, freeze apps and flash a theme and I love this phone even more now.

Didn't know there was any themes. Someone porting themes? For the deodexed ROM I would imagine as i know of no ROM other than a deodexed stock.

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Reaction score
Didn't know there was any themes. Someone porting themes? For the deodexed ROM I would imagine as i know of no ROM other than a deodexed stock.

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

There is an ics theme for both the de odexed room by nitro or if you are just rooted stock. Theme is Bigdx ics..

OP
I

Irishleo

Reaction score
Can another 4s past user chime in on this. You tube on my 4s sucks horribly. It buffers for up to 15 minutes on most videos. I have no idea why. Also, my work email has high security. When I check my work mail, I can read the emails but it will never let me reply to any emails. None of my droids ever did this.