RAZR review

Dan_08

Reaction score
I've had the Razr for about 2 week snow so I feel I can give a somewhat decent review.

Background: Before the Razr I had my OG Droid and the iphone 4s. I got the OG Droid since release and it's been very good for the last 2 years. For me the OG brought me into the world of Android, rooting, roms, free tethering and lots of other goodies. When the iPhone 4s came out I decided to try it out because I have numerous other Apple products that I do enjoy (iMac and 2 Macbooks, couple of iPods), and just wanted everything to work together well.

Well the iphone worked good, itunes was nice...but I was bored after the first day. Siri was a gimick and was pointless. The amount of time the thing took I could of pressed the 3 buttons to remind myself manually. Zero customization, I laughed when i was in the app store and the home screen customization was nothing more than a wallpaper :D. So needless to say I took the iPhone back and stayed with the OG till i decided what to get next.

I kept hearing rumors of the Razr and GNexus so I started researching both. Loved Moto build quality but also love the Vanilla android experience. With ICS on the way I thought for sure I would wait for the nexus....Then I saw the video about how the Gnexus felt like plastic, that was the deal breaker. I've enjoyed the solid feel of the OG for over 2 years now...couldn't give that up. So I rushed over and picked up the Razr.

First Day with the Razr, I was blow away with how fast it was. I tried running through apps, video, setting trying to slow it down, but not a flinch. Loved it, Battery lasted about 9hrs before it needed to sleep. Not bad but not great. Blur wasn't bad.

I was a little disappointed with the screen though....seemed pixelated. Well I figured out what was wrong, after 2 years of holding the OG so close I was doing the same with the Razr. Pulled it back a few more inches...Eureka! Screen was outstanding! The thinness of the phone took some getting used too, but after two weeks it feels right. One handed typing is a little hard but possible (I have average size hands). Camera is fair not the greatest, but very snappy, not much lag time. Call quality is as expected from Moto, very good. Speaker phone could be louder though.

After a couple of days the battery life improved greatly...I was getting easily 16hrs and still had around 40% left. Some times I would get over 24hrs using the right smart actions and sleep functions....

Smart Actions should be called Genius Actions! Smart Actions greatly improve the battery life and efficiency of the phone. One time I forgot to plug my phone in at night and the next morning i got a notification for a suggested Smart action....I enabled it! I'm running about 6 different Smart actions.

The 4g has been blazing fast, I haven't seen the problems reported by some with the loss of data.

Overall great phone, if your on the fence or waiting and for the GNexus, this is the phone you should get! Especially once it gets ICS, that will be like getting a whole new phone.

eodguy2

Reaction score
Exactly! I also had Droid x andx2 (short time since was able to get razr) and hands down this is one sweet phone

Reaction score
I've been hearing the latest RAZR's coming out of the factory have been spectacular, barely any issues as some members posted about theirs.

Sent from my iPhone (soon to be RAZR) using Tapatalk

razrsedge

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I was having ice tea outside. A strong wind came and spilled a full cup of water over my razr, drenching it. I was hoping Motorola's advertised water resistance was true. I dried off the phone, turned it on, and it worked. I've seen people have water accidents with their phones, and they don't survive. Tough phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I was having ice tea outside. A strong wind came and spilled a full cup of water over my razr, drenching it. I was hoping Motorola's advertised water resistance was true. I dried off the phone, turned it on, and it worked. I've seen people have water accidents with their phones, and they don't survive. Tough phone.

Oh great rub it in!

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I wish I could get 12-14 hours of use. Granted Im not using a lot of smart actions but damn....I've got got 70% battery left and I've had my phone unplugged for 2 1/2 hours. But don't get me wrong, i love this phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I wish I could get 12-14 hours of use. Granted Im not using a lot of smart actions but damn....I've got got 70% battery left and I've had my phone unplugged for 2 1/2 hours. But don't get me wrong, i love this phone.

Ya but ain't that the best 2.5hrs of your life? Lol

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Ya but ain't that the best 2.5hrs of your life? Lol

Lol yea they are :D I think it has to with the 4g radio though. It drops every so often. I get 3 bars on 4g but full bars on 3g. Still a stupid sick phone, and I think when ICS drops for this phone I'm thinking it should help a bit.

Reaction score
I hope so too. On the bright side, it can only get better ;)

rogerthat227

Reaction score
Yea I would have to say this phone has been flawless for me. The amount of zip in this bad boy is crazy. Have loved every moment with it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It's great to read a positive review on the RAZR, especially with all the hype about iPwn, noSense, and...well, I can't come up with a clever name for the other one, but you all know which one I'm referring to. Thanks for a great review.

OP
D

Dan_08

Reaction score
I hope so too. On the bright side, it can only get better ;)

I'm with you on this one, any flaw so far is minor and will only get better...the hardware in this phone should easily keep up with the upgrades.