I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
After having the S3 for almost 3 weeks, I am back to the Maxx. Just couldn't tolerate the lack of signal I was experiencing. It feels good to be back where I belong...except that now I'm wanting the Maxx HD lol

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
WELCOME BACK!! I thought about jumping to the SG3 as well, but a friend has one and the signal losses are definitely a problem. First and foremost, my phone is a phone and when I need to call I want a signal. Feels good to be home huh? Now, the Maxx HD is a sweet looking little thing...

aarong03

Reaction score
After having the S3 for almost 3 weeks, I am back to the Maxx. Just couldn't tolerate the lack of signal I was experiencing. It feels good to be back where I belong...except that now I'm wanting the Maxx HD lol

I just read the reviews on Big Red's website and that was the major complaint in all reviews of that phone.

cbreze

Reaction score
How can it be so popular with crap signal? I don't get it. Another thing I don't get is how can Samsung not figure out a better RF solution? It's been years like this.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
A nurse I've been working with has been showing off her new SG3 and getting lots of ooo's and ahhh's but then I showed her my nearly full 4g signal on my Maxx as well as my 70% battery remaining at the end of a 10 hour shift. She wasn't happy. She has neither the excellent signal nor the outstanding battery of the Maxx.

David

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm at 15 hours off the charger and I'm showing 60-some percent left with almost 2 hours of screen on time. I was still able to get through the say with the s3, but just barely if I had 3 hours of screen time. In the end it is the radio that made me change. I thought it had gotten better, compared to my coworker and his Charge. But nope. I was showing 2 bars of signal and the dbm was at - 110 or so. I have 3 bars right now on the Maxx and am showing - 75dbm. Big difference!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my S3 for about a month now. The 4G signal was an issue at work inside my building. A new leaked radio came out a few days ago and I can nowreport that I never lose data and get consistent 4G coverage at work inside the building, just as well or even better than my old Thunderbolt did.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
jackiescivic said:

Welcome back.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Last week i was at a restaurant with my friend. He has the s3 and i have the maxx. He had 3G and I had 4G :)

huff825

Reaction score
The MAXX is still a force to be reckoned with almost a year after introduction, long live the MAXX!, cause I need to keep my unlimited plan.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
huff825 said:
The MAXX is still a force to be reckoned with almost a year after introduction, long live the MAXX!, cause I need to keep my unlimited plan.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I'll second that

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my S3 for about a month now. The 4G signal was an issue at work inside my building. A new leaked radio came out a few days ago and I can nowreport that I never lose data and get consistent 4G coverage at work inside the building, just as well or even better than my old Thunderbolt did.

I second this. Though I never had any problems on the ICS radios either - signal was as good as my previous devices... which includes the Maxx, M, Maxx HD.

Don't get me wrong, the original Maxx is an awesome awesome phone. But I think the signal "issues" on the S3 are blown way out of proportion, and are being heavily influenced by "tradition" - i.e. Samsung's radios suck, I have an S3 that dropped 4G a couple of times... BAM, just another crappy Samsung radio. Get a few of those on the forums and tech blogs, and it feeds right back into that "tradition", which further balloons the problem. Meanwhile, the other 29.9 million S3 users are perfectly happy with their phones :)

edit: I'm also not saying that the S3 hasn't had any signal issues, just FWIW

steeletown

Reaction score
jntdroid said:
I second this. Though I never had any problems on the ICS radios either - signal was as good as my previous devices... which includes the Maxx, M, Maxx HD.

Don't get me wrong, the original Maxx is an awesome awesome phone. But I think the signal "issues" on the S3 are blown way out of proportion, and are being heavily influenced by "tradition" - i.e. Samsung's radios suck, I have an S3 that dropped 4G a couple of times... BAM, just another crappy Samsung radio. Get a few of those on the forums and tech blogs, and it feeds right back into that "tradition", which further balloons the problem. Meanwhile, the other 29.9 million S3 users are perfectly happy with their phones :)

edit: I'm also not saying that the S3 hasn't had any signal issues, just FWIW

I totally agree. I've had my S3 for a little over a month and I don't have any problems with data loss are dropped phone calls. In fact it holds data better then the razr I upgraded from.