At my wits end with VZW/Cell Phones etc (Maxx & Galaxy S3)

huskur

Reaction score

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks huskur! The second may be worth a try, captainSS, while you have the SG3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

huskur

Reaction score
Thanks huskur! The second may be worth a try, captainSS, while you have the SG3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

It is very easy.....simple as following simple instructions. Don't be afraid......its simple. Get the samsung drivers installed. Download the new radio file from xda site. Download Odin. Plug in phone and power up in odin mode (with power off hold down the volume down, home and power button all at the same time until you get the triangle) start odin and select the file from the PDA button on odin and click start.

huskur

Reaction score
Follow this video on how to use ODIN. I know this is for root but it will help you understand how odin is used. I have not rooted mine. Just installed the new baseband. World of difference

[video=youtube;sqHB8Y5aHtU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqHB8Y5aHtU[/video]

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
You guys rock but that is probably akin to me climbing Everest or K2 tomorrow afternoon after lunch:blink: I am a handy guy (just ask the wife)
Lift a jeep, build a house, cook an amazing dinner - ALL yes. Punkie Brewster my flashdrive while unlocking my bootloader and I will surely pull a brain muscle and likely end up incapable of feeding myself ever again.

Oh ! Well, you didn't say there would be pictures. :biggrin: Let me take a look see.

Looked at the vid.... not uber confident with this kinda stuff have a feeling I'd end up with a skipping stone.:blink:

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think I may give a go to the above mentioned tweek largely out of the trust for the advice I get here. I may need a bit more of a dumbed down Step 1, step 2, step 3 kind of road map, I know that is asking a lot but intuitive nature alludes me when it comes to computer type stuff and it seems that a muffed step might have dire consequences in this regard.
Especially IF the tweek increases reception which is the only real complaint I have about this device. I didn't expect a steller battery yet I must admit, it isn't bad as time has gone on and enhanced reception would only help.

cbreze

Reaction score
I keep up to date pretty much checking the various forums, not everybody does this of course and come here for help when needed, so knowing what I've heard about Sammy stuff over the years I'd never had taken one of those, but to late. Is there anyway possible to get another Maxx? If you could get one that had not been updated yet to ICS yet, yeah I know ICS is the best thing since pu$$y, but I digress. I'd get a Maxx not on ICS and root it to stop the annoying pop ups to update. It's easy to root, gives you control and cool stuff like the hot spot hack. Also let's you tweak some throttling settings that helps prevent slow downs and data drops. Keeps it to a minimum anyway. Hmmm, seems this was removed on ICS, wonders why. I'm so happy with GB on my Maxx and listening to all the bummer stories just further tells me I did the right thing by standing pat. Yeah I know so many love it, good for them I happy as heck for you all, but the bottom line for anyone is do what works for you. I have a nice snappy fast device and that's what I need. Far to many folks are having issues with ICS even Verizon and moto know there are issues as the so called fix is on the way, someday(yawn). ICS is just not all its cracked up to be. Ok ICS lovers flame away. ;) I got thick skin.

Willt365

Reaction score
I own the rezound, since the ota update I have not had an issue with 4g connectivity, I have the extended battery, and it last as long as the maxx's battery. U can't beat the UI, its grt. Also if u listen to music on ur phone, u can't beat beats by dre, hope this helps....

GoBears

Reaction score
Captain I also live in NEPA (work in Hazleton) and Big Red has been doing a lot of upgrades around here. The service has been hit or miss lately but it is definitely getting better. I have the Maxx on 215 and it's really good. I think you'll be happy when Big Red gets done tweaking here. Hey, I'll always trade ya my perfect running Maxx for your S3 if you get too pi55ed off (wink). Good Luck!

GoBears and FU Apple

Aximtreo

Reaction score
I'm sitting here in AZ, the temp is a miserable 110 and the AC hasn't shut off since early May. I have both the Rezound and the Maxx. Just got the Maxx and will get a SIM card today to activate. Reading this forum and especially this posting has been really an education for me. I was going to sell the Rezound when I activated the Maxx but may keep it now and switch back and forth; both seem to be highly recommended here.

It's guys like you that make us moderate users happy so keep up the good work. I'm a believer in peer advice.:hail: