I'm about to put the leaked FROYO on my X...but I have a quick question.

outkastragtop

Reaction score
Ok, so I am going to try out the leaked version of FROYO for my X. The question is, after i have installed it is there any way for me to remove it once the official release comes out and be able to get the official update?

I have heard some people say that once the official release comes out, we will all be able to just download it from whoever uploads it somewhere and install it from our sd cards.

BOTTOM LINE: If I put the leaked Froyo on my X right now, will I be able to update to the OFFICIAL Froyo once it is released?

As always, I thank you guys for the help.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SBF is the only way back. rootzwiki should have it

OP
O

outkastragtop

Reaction score
Meaning I would have to flash back to the stock Android 2.1 right? Which technically doesnt mean I am rooting or anything?

And what about simply downloading and installing the official release?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you will flash the stock 2.1 which mean itll be how it was when you first got it. a manual update will be possible but not with 2.2 already running; youll need to be on 2.1 first

donballz

Reaction score
Do you think it will be possible to write a patch for leaked users to be more like the OTA version, Abe?

Not that I expect the "real" 2.2 to be much different. I can't imagine losing all the apps and themes and mods and root just to have an official build. It would have to be some update.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you think it will be possible to write a patch for leaked users to be more like the OTA version, Abe?

Not that I expect the "real" 2.2 to be much different. I can't imagine losing all the apps and themes and mods and root just to have an official build. It would have to be some update.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

haha i wish i could do that lol. someone might but im probably just gonna SBF my phone when it comes out and put the official 2.2 on just cause any issues with this one should be fixed when that comes out

umx

Reaction score
wont matter if u have ota 2.2 once the roms hit the forums.