Phone updated itself to leaked Froyo?

ramz

Reaction score
Did you install one of the modified build.props?

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
No flash sites work. So how do I get myself back to 2.1 and on to OTA Froyo?

Sent from my DROIDX using TapatWalk

donballz

Reaction score
I.... I thought the point if this thread was you already have the ota? Im confused. You need to be sure what happened cause if you sbf your ota you'll have yourself a six hundo paperweight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
This is what happened.

1. I was running 2.1 update 1.
2. I use a modified build.prop.
3. Suddenly my phone says it's running leaked Froyo (without me doing anything. I never installed the OTA.)
4. The phone is still rooted and can't play flash (so no Froyo.)

So what do I do to get my phone back to thinking it's running 2.1? Just use a stock build.prop?

Then how can I get from rooted themed 2.1 to rooted 2.2 OTA?

donballz

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be rude but what you're saying doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I don't think anyone can confidently give you advice.

The way back to 2.1 is to flash the sbf. HOWEVER, if your phone already did the ota, you cannot flash the ikd sbf, you will brick your phone. Not droidforums.net "brick", im talking really bricked.

The 2.3.9 is what's really bugging me. Can you post a screen cap of that? But how would your phone have updated without you doing it manually?

I feel trolled.

Sent from my DRUID using the Schwartz

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
The screen cap is in the OP.

And I'm pretty sure at this point that it didn't update, it just thinks it's running Froyo.

spider210

Reaction score
Goto market and search adobe flash. If its there u are on 2.2 download it and call it a day

donballz

Reaction score
The original build.prop. Just change the extension. You are teh welcomes. Reboot and then you should be able to OTA.

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
The original build.prop. Just change the extension. You are teh welcomes. Reboot and then you should be able to OTA.

Danke, good sir.

Oh, quick question, I need to get rid of Bootstrapper, NexTheme, and unroot before I install the OTA, right?

donballz

Reaction score
I think as long as you have all your bloatware intact, you will be ok. I'm not positive though. You won't retain root obivously, but I don't think root stops you from the OTA

lewwill

Reaction score