Phone updated itself to leaked Froyo?

cypherx82

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before but I don't have time to search right now.

I was messing around in settings on my rooted, themed, 2.1 update 1 Droid X when I noticed in info it was listing my firmware version number as 2.2 and my system version as 2.3.9.

I never installed the leaked Froyo.

Since my OTA certs were renamed (wouldn't matter unless they were pushing leaked Froyo) and I still have root, I suspect this is just a glitch in settings.

Is this common? Thanks.

http://tapa.tk/mu/61fa92bd-80d6-578b.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before but I don't have time to search right now.

I was messing around in settings on my rooted, themed, 2.1 update 1 Droid X when I noticed in info it was listing my firmware version number as 2.2 and my system version as 2.3.9.

I never installed the leaked Froyo.

Since my OTA certs were renamed (wouldn't matter unless they were pushing leaked Froyo) and I still have root, I suspect this is just a glitch in settings.

Is this common? Thanks.

http://tapa.tk/mu/61fa92bd-80d6-578b.jpg

That seems very strange to me. I haven't seen an X yet that took the update if it was rooted. So you're showing 2.2 but still have a SU Ninja?

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
I have the SU ninja and root apps still work.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Huh! Everyone else has to remove the root. It doesn't make sense. Why would your Droid be different?

I'm not saying horse manure. I just can't get a grip on how this could have happened. I know that on a regular Droid if you try to avoid the update for so long it will install itself, provided you are not rooted. I've seen some rooted people with the D1 who somehow managed to install FRG022D and unroot their phone's, but I haven't seen this.

hallb

Reaction score
My rooted droid x also updated itself successfully last night. I'd been telling it later every time it was asking me if I wanted to update. Woke up this morning saying it had been updated. It definitely is 2.2. Appears like I need to root again though.

isired

Reaction score
if you rooted but didn't remove any of the stock software or install a ROM, it will update - at least that was my experience. You will lose root access though.

spider210

Reaction score
But ota updating to a leaked version doesn't sound right

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
I didn't do anything. It just updated itself.

Also, I still have root.

isired

Reaction score
did you ever download one of the leaked froyo's? maybe to your SD card?

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
Nope.

Besides, I would have lost root, right?

I have bootstrapper but all I've done is make Nandroid backups. I've never run an update.zip.

isired

Reaction score
Not if you installed the leaked froyo - one of the major changes between the leaked vs. release version was locking it down.

The reason I ask is that I downloaded the leaked froyo, but never installed, but today when I did the cache wipe, as suggested in other threads/forums, when I booted into the restore screen, it asked me if I wanted to install "update.zip" from the SD card. So I was thinking that maybe your OTA update got messed up because of a leaked Froyo update file on your SD card.

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
But I'm almost positive I never downloaded the leak.

Also, I went into Quadrant to see what it had to say about my version, and this is what I found.

6138f1d8-ec5b-1517.jpg

Is this saying I'm running Droid 1 firmware?

OP
C

cypherx82

Reaction score
Does anyone have any more advice? Normally I wouldn't care, but this is preventing me from updating to real Froyo. It tells me no updates are available since it thinks I'm on 2.2.