Just SBF'd my phone - Questions regarding new update - haven't already been asked :)

crypto

Reaction score
So while installing a theme my phone bricked and wouldn't get passed the M logo. So i sbf'd it. However my version# is now 2.3.9. So I'm assuming the SBF i used was for the original leaked 2.2 froyo?

This being the case, can i flash back to 2.1. Then reupdate with the OTA 2.2? and from there install the latest update?

MrKleen

Reaction score
So while installing a theme my phone bricked and wouldn't get passed the M logo. So i sbf'd it. However my version# is now 2.3.9. So I'm assuming the SBF i used was for the original leaked 2.2 froyo?

This being the case, can i flash back to 2.1. Then reupdate with the OTA 2.2? and from there install the latest update?

You can't get back to 2.1 once you have gone to 2.2

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score
so what would be the best way for me to get to the OTA 2.2?
Is there an OTA 2.2 SBF around anywhere? Could i just flash that?

cos i just read this on Droid-Life:
Droid-Life said:
Third note: If you are running the 2.2 (2.3.9) leak from the summer, these instructions to get you back to 2.1 are still available. After that you will need to pull the 2.2 (2.3.15) update before going to 2.2.1.

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score
my version says 2.3.9 though.
The SBF i used said it was the official 2.2 OTA sbf (file name "thegift2")

MrKleen

Reaction score
I saw that "thegift" sbf when I was looking around for the 2.3.15 sbf and wasn't sure what it was version wise.

I think it would be better to go forward to the latest update versus trying to go backwards. After your sbf did you check for updates?

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score
I saw that "thegift" sbf when I was looking around for the 2.3.15 sbf and wasn't sure what it was version wise.

I think it would be better to go forward to the latest update versus trying to go backwards. After your sbf did you check for updates?

yeh it says I'm up to date. I found a leak for 2.3.15, but I'm not sure if applying that will allow me to update to the newest 2.2.1 release.

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score
for anyone who reads this. Turns out the reason it said i was version 2.3.9 was because of a theme i had installed. I'm guessing it replaced the regular settings.apk with an older version and jacked me up.

Installing 928Droid's back to stock theme got me sorted and i was able to update with no problems to 2.3.340