Froyo on the Droid X

hacku

Reaction score
So yesterday I spent 5 hours at my local Verizon store waiting for FedEx to drop off a shipment of Droid X's.

While I was there, a Motorola rep came in and hung out for about an hour. I talked to him about various things including Froyo for the DX. He told me that they will be releasing it as soon as Adobe releases Flash 10.1 officially. He also said that he had a DX at home running Froyo already and that it ran very smooth.

While I was on the Froyo subject I asked him when it was being released for the Droid and he said that there was no official date but that it would be "soon". I then showed him my Droid running BuglessBeast (Froyo) and he asked where I got it. I then told him I rooted it and loaded a custom ROM and he chuckled.

So anyway, I guess we're just going to have to wait on Adobe now.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So yesterday I spent 5 hours at my local Verizon store waiting for FedEx to drop off a shipment of Droid X's.

While I was there, a Motorola rep came in and hung out for about an hour. I talked to him about various things including Froyo for the DX. He told me that they will be releasing it as soon as Adobe releases Flash 10.1 officially. He also said that he had a DX at home running Froyo already and that it ran very smooth.

While I was on the Froyo subject I asked him when it was being released for the Droid and he said that there was no official date but that it would be "soon". I then showed him my Droid running BuglessBeast (Froyo) and he asked where I got it. I then told him I rooted it and loaded a custom ROM and he chuckled.

not fair (if true)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would of asked him for pics....

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score

Well he had a DX with him that he was letting people play with. He said the one with Froyo he keeps at home as well as his Droid with Froyo.

Blur will still be running on 2.2 unfortunately... :(

Reaction score

Moto makes me laugh. Anyway, the custom kernels will be here soon, dont worry. But so will 2.2. Id wait and see if you like 2.2 stock first.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Well he had a DX with him that he was letting people play with. He said the one with Froyo he keeps at home as well as his Droid with Froyo.

Blur will still be running on 2.2 unfortunately... :(

I also have ocean front property in new mexico for sale.....:icon_ banana:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok guys listen..flash is ready for 2.2 we have seen it and I believe it may be in the market now or will be any day.....froyo for the DX is shceduled for the end of August and froyo for the Droid is set for 8/7. Now there will also be an ota for the DI and they are readying that also with 720p recording and hotspot featues. Now you see the My VZW app has an update already in the market but the package "is not signed correctly" right now but I expect as the Dx maint. release is downloaded it will be useable.

whec716

Reaction score

Hypermentality

Reaction score

So this is def a question comin from a newbie.... but when you say you "rooted" it, what exactly are you meaning? I have heard the term "rooted" a number of times but yea... no idea what it means... please explain if ya could. Thanks!

ewells2420

Reaction score

So this is def a question comin from a newbie.... but when you say you "rooted" it, what exactly are you meaning? I have heard the term "rooted" a number of times but yea... no idea what it means... please explain if ya could. Thanks!

Basically an unlocked phone. Gives you full control of the phone and to a degree its hardware.

mjnub

Reaction score
Man those reps r such BS they all lie why would he leave at home?

ergon

Reaction score
That's right up there with "the dog ate my homework Teacher."