Ics Update

TatDroid

Reaction score
unbesorgt said:
They should come back automatically when you sign into your Google account.
I was under the impression that only PAID apps will be automatically restored from the Play Store.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Do u guys know any other good backup assistant apps for my apps and data before I make a factory reset,because i lost root after the ota update,and dont want to lose my app date,etc.. after i make a factory reset

You can easily re-root ICS with Razr's Edge.

I was under the impression that only PAID apps will be automatically restored from the Play Store.

It's supposed to restore all your installed apps. There used to be a bug that prevented free apps from restoring automatically, but it's supposed to have been fixed. However, results seem to vary by user. In any event, the list of all apps you've downloaded is saved in the Play Store under "My Apps", so if you are unlucky and they don't all restore, at least you can rely on the list to get them back.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Well I have an old droid x and it is used just as a spare ipod type device and to go on the net when I'm upstairs. Anyway I did a factory reset on this device to test it out first, and it rendered the X unusable. Keeps prompting me to call to get it on line with Verizon which I don't want to do. I just want to us it in the house. Anyone out there that's been recommending the factory reset, that can help me? I just want to use it for surfing.

Last edited:
OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
Thanks just made a factory reset and it restored my apps.Now my bionic runs flawlessly.

Scribble

Reaction score
Despite it not restoring my aps, it did help a ton! It's been acting up since the last update (prior to ICS) can't believe I waited this long!

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
I love my bionic after the factory reset,guess I was wrong about Moto.

deduct

Reaction score
XHaloX said:
I love my bionic after the factory reset,guess I was wrong about Moto.

Hahahaha.....I told ya!! Its a great phone man. I've been strict moto phone user for 5 years because of the build quality. These phones can take a beating.I've dropped mine countless times. Almost always in thin case. Knocked my wife's Samsung stratosphere off kitchen table and screen cracked. It was in case too. So I bought her razr off of Craig's list that was only 2 months old. Samsung does have a good phone in its ss3. But it doesn't hold a candle to Motorola's build quality.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Well I have an old droid x and it is used just as a spare ipod type device and to go on the net when I'm upstairs. Anyway I did a factory reset on this device to test it out first, and it rendered the X unusable. Keeps prompting me to call to get it on line with Verizon which I don't want to do. I just want to us it in the house. Anyone out there that's been recommending the factory reset, that can help me? I just want to use it for surfing.

Just to be fair, nobody here was recommending that you factory reset your Droid X. :p

Anyway, sounds like it's trying to get you to link the phone to your account. Can you just exit out of that? I remember on some setup screens you can touch the four corners (starting with the top-left, clockwise) to bypass setup. I have my OG Droid setup on WiFi only and use it as a backup for surfing/email/etc. when my Bionic is on the HD dock.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
Haha ye they should make a new droid x type phone,i miss the old droid x.The best phone I ever had.

tjrobinson

Reaction score
I manually installed ics using cheesecake a few months ago. Unfortunately status updates does not work. Guess I'm gonna have to go back to original?

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
A verizon worker told me just now that moto is trying to give jellybean first to the bionic to satisfy the bionic customers.

deduct

Reaction score
XHaloX said:
A verizon worker told me just now that moto is trying to give jellybean first to the bionic to satisfy the bionic customers.

That would be nice. Sounds too good to be true though. Many times these Verizon reps just tell us these things to make us happy so that when we get the survey call later we will give them a high score. But I hope they were telling you the truth.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
Yea hopefully he was but I didnt tell him that I have a bionic I just asked so idk.