Getting OTA ICS after flashing a leaked version.

Darth_Bionic

Reaction score
Hello, I've recently flashed a leaked version of ICS 4.0.4 to my Bionic and I was wondering if and how I can still get the OTA update when it is finally available. Also, this leak isn't showing my CPU clocked at 1.2ghz, will that be exclusively on the OTA version? Thanks.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which version are you on? .2233, .229, .230, .232 or .235? If it's not .235 you'll have to go back to .905 in order to get the OTA. There are several threads with instructions on how to do that. If it's .235 you can't, but there is a way you'll be able to get future OTA updates.

Some of the leaks aren't doing 1.2ghz, at least that's what I'm seeing.

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
It is not the ICS leaks that determine if you get 1.2 or not, but the phone. Some get 1.2, some don't. Even on 235 some are still at 1.0. I believe that the software does an integrity check and sets the CPU speeds according to the results.

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
I have to sideload every update as my phone has never been able to get an OTA since new. Multiple resets have not solved the issue but since the phone has been flawless otherwise, I deal with it. I was afraid to exchange it because I did not want a refurbished phone when I paid so much for a new one. I have been at 1.2 on both. 2233 and now on. 232.