Ics Update

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Scribble said:
Have you ever done it with 2-step verification on? I assume when it asks you to sign in you just use an application specific password?

Never heard of such a thing

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I just don't have that kind of time right now. Besides, I'm getting the galaxy note 2 in a few weeks during a vacation. So ill just spend the time setting that up. I went into a US cellular store to look at the note 2. Even on their network this baby was, without question, the fastest, smoothest phone I've ever held. Camera pics were outstanding. A lot of fun to use. If it's that good on their network, imagine how it'll be on vzw's 4g lte?

It's great that you're getting a Galaxy Note 2 (yeah I'm jealous) but you shouldn't go around trashing Moto's upgrades and claiming their phones can only work on one OS when you haven't done the bare minimum to get yours working properly. A factory data reset takes all of 30 minutes, and all your apps and most settings are automatically restored from the cloud. 99% of people who have done this have seen all their issues go away, and most everyone reports that the Bionic runs much better on ICS than it ever did on GB. You can't really compare first-gen phones like the Droid X or OG Droid because they just didn't have the hardware to handle Gingerbread properly. The Bionic is more than capable of handling ICS with its dual-core CPU and 1Gb of RAM. It's apples and oranges to compare them.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
unbesorgt said:
It's great that you're getting a Galaxy Note 2 (yeah I'm jealous) but you shouldn't go around trashing Moto's upgrades and claiming their phones can only work on one OS when you haven't done the bare minimum to get yours working properly. A factory data reset takes all of 30 minutes, and all your apps and most settings are automatically restored from the cloud. 99% of people who have done this have seen all their issues go away, and most everyone reports that the Bionic runs much better on ICS than it ever did on GB. You can't really compare first-gen phones like the Droid X or OG Droid because they just didn't have the hardware to handle Gingerbread properly. The Bionic is more than capable of handling ICS with its dual-core CPU and 1Gb of RAM. It's apples and oranges to compare them.

Yea your right factory resets solve many issues.

Scribble

Reaction score
I think the grass is always greener on the other side is an apt cliche... Even the iPhone for all people say it "just works" and doesn't have upgrade problems... has upgrade problems. I've known plenty of people with issues after an upgrade. I bet there are plenty of Samsung users also experiencing issues after a big update as well.

Scribble

Reaction score
For those of you whom have done a reset... How long should it take to sign into your account? Mine is at about 15 minutes now... that seems a bit long?

rumblee1

Reaction score
Ok, ok. This weekend, I'll do it. One thing, how do I get my apps back from the cloud?

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Ok, ok. This weekend, I'll do it. One thing, how do I get my apps back from the cloud?

They should come back automatically when you sign into your Google account. Same with your WiFi passwords, bluetooth pairings, etc.

pchmst

Reaction score

I would do a full titanium backup and restore from there. Although Google is supposed to sync all your apps to your Gmail account and automatically restore them. I've had only moderate luck with the process. Titanium is much preferred. Plus you can back up all of your texts and system settings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I would do a full titanium backup and restore from there. Although Google is supposed to sync all your apps to your Gmail account and automatically restore them. I've had only moderate luck with the process. Titanium is much preferred. Plus you can back up all of your texts and system settings.

Be careful restoring system settings, because that can also restore whatever was causing the problem in the first place. If you're rooted I would only use Titanium Backup for texts and app data, and then only sparingly for apps that you really need to restore the data. You want to start from scratch as much as possible.

pchmst

Reaction score
Be careful restoring system settings, because that can also restore whatever was causing the problem in the first place. If you're rooted I would only use Titanium Backup for texts and app data, and then only sparingly for apps that you really need to restore the data. You want to start from scratch as much as possible.

Good point.

Scribble

Reaction score
They should come back automatically when you sign into your Google account. Same with your WiFi passwords, bluetooth pairings, etc.

DIdn't work for me... But maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to start happening. :(

dihtn

Reaction score
The factory reset has made a huge difference for me. I really like this phone again. No more lag. I did clear the cache today to hopefully extend the battery life.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
Do u guys know any other good backup assistant apps for my apps and data before I make a factory reset,because i lost root after the ota update,and dont want to lose my app date,etc.. after i make a factory reset

pchmst

Reaction score
Do u guys know any other good backup assistant apps for my apps and data before I make a factory reset,because i lost root after the ota update,and dont want to lose my app date,etc.. after i make a factory reset

Titanium Backup is the best.