Ics Update

deduct

Reaction score
draculam3k said:
I have been running it since the really early leaks and no issues at all.
And even better since the official release.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Exactly

rumblee1

Reaction score
Well, as you can see, very mixed reviews of bionic ics. I've said this before, I lost faith in motorola updates. When I had my droidX, it was very fast for the time on froyo. The only gripe i had was the camera. It was pathetic to say the least. When bionic was announced, I felt moto really put an effort into this phone. The first dual core, lte phone. I waited it out and got one. I was thrilled from day one. Superfast, everything worked. Even the camera was improved, but not perfect. I've had it over a year. But now all the happiness is gone. Same thing that happened to my x with the gingerbread update, just happened to my bionic with the ICS update. It's now sluggish, lags, battery only lasting about a third of what it did before. That's why I believe moto phones are capable of running on only 1os. The one that it was designed for. That's why on November 29th, I'm giving up my bionic for the galaxy note 2.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
rumblee1 said:
Well, as you can see, very mixed reviews of bionic ics. I've said this before, I lost faith in motorola updates. When I had my droidX, it was very fast for the time on froyo. The only gripe i had was the camera. It was pathetic to say the least. When bionic was announced, I felt moto really put an effort into this phone. The first dual core, lte phone. I waited it out and got one. I was thrilled from day one. Superfast, everything worked. Even the camera was improved, but not perfect. I've had it over a year. But now all the happiness is gone. Same thing that happened to my x with the gingerbread update, just happened to my bionic with the ICS update. It's now sluggish, lags, battery only lasting about a third of what it did before. That's why I believe moto phones are capable of running on only 1os. The one that it was designed for. That's why on November 29th, I'm giving up my bionic for the galaxy note 2.

Yea that's my point.From what i know Samsung never had any major problems with updates.

deduct

Reaction score
It depends on each individual phone. Mine has been solid since day one

Last edited:

rumblee1

Reaction score
I work with a bunch of people who have samsung phones, and they never have update problems. Especially on this higher end phones like the galaxy s3.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
Thats what i mean Moto needs to stop making more phones and improve their old ones like razr,bionic,lucid,droid 4.Or else they will forget about us like lg and htc do to some phones example lg ally.

unbesorgt

Reaction score

A factory data reset is almost guaranteed to fix these problems. It has worked for tons of people with the same issues you describe since the update. Sure it's a pain but it's one-time-only. You have to keep in mind that ICS is a major OS upgrade, not just a minor patch. It's like upgrading your PC to a new version of Windows -- you can try an in-place upgrade but there are likely to be performance issues caused by leftover crud from the old version. A clean install is always preferable with a new OS.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I just don't have that kind of time right now. Besides, I'm getting the galaxy note 2 in a few weeks during a vacation. So ill just spend the time setting that up. I went into a US cellular store to look at the note 2. Even on their network this baby was, without question, the fastest, smoothest phone I've ever held. Camera pics were outstanding. A lot of fun to use. If it's that good on their network, imagine how it'll be on vzw's 4g lte?

wheeler062505

Reaction score
unbesorgt said:
A factory data reset is almost guaranteed to fix these problems. It has worked for tons of people with the same issues you describe since the update. Sure it's a pain but it's one-time-only. You have to keep in mind that ICS is a major OS upgrade, not just a minor patch. It's like upgrading your PC to a new version of Windows -- you can try an in-place upgrade but there are likely to be performance issues caused by leftover crud from the old version. A clean install is always preferable with a new OS.

Do I need to take my sd card out to do the factory reset?

deduct

Reaction score
wheeler062505 said:
Thanks for the answers, now to get up the courage to do it.

Is not a big deal. If you want to save your text messages download SMS backup from play store and open it and run it before you do the reset.

Scribble

Reaction score
Is not a big deal. If you want to save your text messages download SMS backup from play store and open it and run it before you do the reset.

Have you ever done it with 2-step verification on? I assume when it asks you to sign in you just use an application specific password?