Ics Update

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
You guys just have to realize that not every phone company is perfect they all have their pros and cons.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Paul_Aris said:
Well to be fair it took a little getting used to and I am still not used to it. It does give the phone a more modern feel. This is the first droid that I have kept stock and so far it has been paying off. I have had less issues and less stability problems with my bionic than any other phone owned. If I do a factory reset what do I loose and have to reset up?

Everything on the phone is set back to the way it was. As if you just got the phone.

rumblee1

Reaction score
If you've read any of the galaxy note 2 reviews, you'd have realized that every review raved on the high quality construction on the unit. I've got to tell you, I was impressed too. Sammy put a lot into this beast. That's why all reviewers said it stands alone at the top. I believe it.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
Maybe jelly bean will this time make the long awaited bionic run good.

czar

Reaction score
Anyone noticing ics decreasing ur battery rapidly?

I have not experienced this issue as of yet. I am not a power user by any means, but do surf the net and youtube, FB, etc on breaks. I'm experiencing comparable battery life to Gingerbread. Have you cleared the cache and disabled bluetooth?

To date I am very happy with ICS. My connectivity and responsiveness have increased greatly.

YMMV http://cdn.droidblog.net/forum/images/smilies/smile2/biggrin.gif

cazr

wheeler062505

Reaction score
czar said:
I have not experienced this issue as of yet. I am not a power user by any means, but do surf the net and youtube, FB, etc on breaks. I'm experiencing comparable battery life to Gingerbread. Have you cleared the cache and disabled bluetooth?

To date I am very happy with ICS. My connectivity and responsiveness have increased greatly.

YMMV http://cdn.droidblog.net/forum/images/smilies/smile2/biggrin.gif

cazr

I have noticed the difference and I'm happy that I don't have data drops now but I had to give up battery for it I guess. Batter lasted longer on gb.

czar

Reaction score
I have noticed the difference and I'm happy that I don't have data drops now but I had to give up battery for it I guess. Batter lasted longer on gb.

I will say that after an extended use session, my battery seemed to deplete a bit quicker than normal once I was down below 40% available. I also agree with your observation about the data drops.

czar

wheeler062505

Reaction score
czar said:
I will say that after an extended use session, my battery seemed to deplete a bit quicker than normal once I was down below 40% available. I also agree with your observation about the data drops.

czar

I wonder if there is a patch they can put out to fix the battery issue. With battery drainage like this who is going to want to stick with the bionic. Especially when there is the razr line.

bionicDman

Reaction score
wheeler062505 said:
I wonder if there is a patch they can put out to fix the battery issue. With battery drainage like this who is going to want to stick with the bionic. Especially when there is the razr line.

Have you done an FDR? I was hesitant to do so, but it made a big difference, as did turning data off where i have access to wi-fi, and turning of wi-fi and data when i don't need it. GPS is battery intensive as well, so turn it of when its not needed. When your screen is off, turn off data. You can do this with smart actions, or your data wi-fi toggles. It only takes a moment to refresh your email etc. when you turn your screen on, and that little moment of delay is not a problem for me. I have also discovered that i have a much, much stronger 4G connection now than i did with GB. Here's my battery life over the weekend:
View attachment 57719

wheeler062505

Reaction score
bionicDman said:
Have you done an FDR? I was hesitant to do so, but it made a big difference, as did turning data off where i have access to wi-fi, and turning of wi-fi and data when i don't need it. GPS is battery intensive as well, so turn it of when its not needed. When your screen is off, turn off data. You can do this with smart actions, or your data wi-fi toggles. It only takes a moment to refresh your email etc. when you turn your screen on, and that little moment of delay is not a problem for me. I have also discovered that i have a much, much stronger 4G connection now than i did with GB. Here's my battery life over the weekend:
57719[/ATTACH
Admittedly, this was with light use, but i NEVER had this kind of battery life before. Good luck!

Do I need a computer for this? If so, I that's a problem.

ldubs

Reaction score
You don't. Go to settings, privacy and hit factory data reset.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
I do think that ics made some bionics slower from the complains people keep saying.

deduct

Reaction score
Update made my bionic faster than I would have thought possible for a phone that's over a year old. Especially Now with nitro's eclipse ics rom. This beast is flying.

draculam3k

Reaction score
I have been running it since the really early leaks and no issues at all.
And even better since the official release.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2