Ics Update

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Well it only took maybe another 20 minutes and I was good to go. I am not sure why everyone gets so excited about a software update. Mine seems to use more battery, keyboard is smaller and darker which increases the amount of mistakes while typing. Still too new to find all the issues.

pchmst

Reaction score
I had to do a factory reset and a one-step-root again, as I forgot to voodoo my root, but now my battery life is amazing and the update seems totally worth it.

If you aren't super pleased with this update then I recommend a factory reset and see how you feel when you're running again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

deduct

Reaction score
pchmst said:
I had to do a factory reset and a one-step-root again, as I forgot to voodoo my root, but now my battery life is amazing and the update seems totally worth it.

If you aren't super pleased with this update then I recommend a factory reset and see how you feel when you're running again.

agreed. You can also use ics keyboard' found in play store. U can change the theme of keyboard, change the keyboard height, and vibration and sounds, Among other things.

pchmst

Reaction score
agreed. You can also use ics keyboard' found in play store. U can change the theme of keyboard, change the keyboard height, and vibration and sounds, Among other things.

I'm using SwiftKey and it's great too.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
Anyone noticing ics decreasing ur battery rapidly?

rumblee1

Reaction score
I've been complaining about that since I got the update. It's crazy. And I've got the extended battery.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
Also did ics start making ur battery overheat quick? because it does for me and now i am pretty disappointed in ics for the Bionic

Kobe24

Reaction score
XHaloX said:
Also did ics start making ur battery overheat quick? because it does for me and now i am pretty disappointed in ics for the Bionic

Sometimes it gets a little warm, but not bad

deduct

Reaction score
Have you guys tried a factory reset? That will many times fix these types if issues.

rumblee1

Reaction score
You know I'm a retail manager and savor my time off. If I had to do a factory reset every time it's been recommended, it would chew up a couple of my days off just getting the phone set back up to the way I want it. I'll live with it because I'm buying the galaxy note 2. I hate to leave motorola, but they don't listen to customers. One of the biggest complaints a moto customer has is the horrible camera in their phones. I was looking forward to a great improvement in the maxx hd but it didn't happen. Then there's the os upgrades. Moto's phones are made to operate on 1 system. When I had my DROID X, I loved that phone. It was fast for the time, had really good battery life. But the camera was horrible, and when I got the gingerbread update, it ruins the phone. It slowed it down to a crawl. Even after 3 factory resets. So it's time for a change. Goodbye moto, hello samsung.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Well to be fair it took a little getting used to and I am still not used to it. It does give the phone a more modern feel. This is the first droid that I have kept stock and so far it has been paying off. I have had less issues and less stability problems with my bionic than any other phone owned. If I do a factory reset what do I loose and have to reset up?

deduct

Reaction score
Paul_Aris said:
Well to be fair it took a little getting used to and I am still not used to it. It does give the phone a more modern feel. This is the first droid that I have kept stock and so far it has been paying off. I have had less issues and less stability problems with my bionic than any other phone owned. If I do a factory reset what do I loose and have to reset up?

You lose all data on your internal SD card.

ldubs

Reaction score
You know I'm a retail manager and savor my time off. If I had to do a factory reset every time it's been recommended, it would chew up a couple of my days off just getting the phone set back up to the way I want it. I'll live with it because I'm buying the galaxy note 2. I hate to leave motorola, but they don't listen to customers. One of the biggest complaints a moto customer has is the horrible camera in their phones. I was looking forward to a great improvement in the maxx hd but it didn't happen. Then there's the os upgrades. Moto's phones are made to operate on 1 system. When I had my DROID X, I loved that phone. It was fast for the time, had really good battery life. But the camera was horrible, and when I got the gingerbread update, it ruins the phone. It slowed it down to a crawl. Even after 3 factory resets. So it's time for a change. Goodbye moto, hello samsung.

Have fun. Hope you like crappy radios and poorly constructed devices.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
I got the ics update on Monday and I guess just now it finally took effect because my bionic is flawless right now and is much faster.Just give it a few more days,also you are right Samsung is much better then Moto but Moto is right behind Samsung they just arent as great,but they still do their **** like they promised us ics,and we finally got it.