ICS Leak.. Found-Tips-Tricks and Fix!

crimattyple

Reaction score
Anyone know of any battery measurement replacements that will give me increments in 1% rather than 10%?

Circle Battery Widget

Parawood

Reaction score
Installed smoothly this afternoon and I'm absolutely loving it. Everything is snappy, colors are far more vibrant, and the new features are fantastic. Not getting the great battery life everyone has been mentioning thus far, but I guess a full day with normal use (not playing with a whole bunch of features) will tell me for sure.

I've only run into one snag thus far. I've been playing around with the new stock keyboard and Swype, I'll probably switch back and forth as I used to, but I noticed that when I go to input settings, I get "Sorry, unfortunately, settings has stopped". I get booted back to my home screen after that. Anyone else have this issue? A reboot didn't fix the problem.

Smart actions seem awesome, but it seems like they may be a bit of a battery hog. I've got one running now, but I'll continue to monitor its battery usage to see if it's worth continuing.

One thing I was really looking forward to with 4.0 was accurate battery percentages, not sure why I thought that it'd be included on the Bionic, but seeing my friend's Galaxy Nexus was my first experience with 4.0 and I loved that feature. Upset it's not included on our version. Anyone know of any battery measurement replacements that will give me increments in 1% rather than 10%?

About to try out the lapdock next.

You can also use Quicker.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the lapdock to work with the stock launcher? I'm getting the system UI crash like others, but I wasn't sure if anyone found a fix. Running Nova for web top right now, which works great. I set up a smart action to automatically open Nova when I connect the lapdock, so it's not too big of a deal.

OP
wilboy

wilboy

Reaction score
Sorry guys...went back to 905..most of my applications doesn't work good in my Bionic using ICS Leak!!...905 works better for me!!:sad-b:

wseyller

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the lapdock to work with the stock launcher? I'm getting the system UI crash like others, but I wasn't sure if anyone found a fix. Running Nova for web top right now, which works great. I set up a smart action to automatically open Nova when I connect the lapdock, so it's not too big of a deal.

I had a shortcut on my desktop to nova before i connected to the lapdock. Good tip for smart action. I tried it and saw the ui crash error at first but it quickly reverted to nova so that worked fine. Just have to make sure to not hit the home button while in lapdock mode so it doesnt revert to my default which is the stock launcher. Iay even switch fully to Nova. It is actually not bad .

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

brent.murray

Reaction score
BLeClair12 said:
Anyone know of any battery measurement replacements that will give me increments in 1% rather than 10%?

About to try out the lapdock next.

Circle Battery Widget. Free. Customizable. Works great.

Edit: just saw someone posted same thing. Sorry for repeat but that's a good thing I guess.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Circle Battery Widget

While that's good, another one is Battery Circle. It doesn't take up any room on your home screen, but sits in the Notifications Bar. In addition to giving the measurement in single digits, when you pull the bar down it tells you Voltage, Battery Temperature and how long since unplugged. Like Circle Battery, it's free.

The one that FoxKat recommends is the Bada$$ Battery Monitor (substitute 'ss' for '$$'). It's like Battery Circle in that it sits in the Notifications Bar, but gives a whole lot more info, like the apps that are using the most battery power and charts. Available in both free and paid versions (paid version has more features). I tried the free version and upgraded to the paid.

Last edited:

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have the 1% battery mod ready to release,but the ics leak isnt deodexed yet. I asked dhacker29 to help me out but he hasn't responded. Kang, cm9, and liquid smooth isnt my cup of tea lol.

OP
wilboy

wilboy

Reaction score
What apps were giving you a problem in ICS?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
A lot man! Browser-connection dropped to 3G or disconnect-alarm-weather widget and some more...that i DIDN'T experienced since i own the Bionic!

@ rck76,sorry man i went back to 905!:frown:Will wait for the ICS Official OTA!!:)

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no major problems here other than if I leave the droid forums app or tapatalk it seems to refresh when I return and then I have to figure out where I was on posts. I have processes set to standard, I tried 4 but seemed to be worse. Also, when I'm working, my screen unlocks way too easy. I've never used in pocket detection and was going to but I can't find it. Anyone know where it is or if it's available on ICS?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
wilboy

wilboy

Reaction score
Yeah, no major problems here other than if I leave the droid forums app or tapatalk it seems to refresh when I return and then I have to figure out where I was on posts. I have processes set to standard, I tried 4 but seemed to be worse. Also, when I'm working, my screen unlocks way too easy. I've never used in pocket detection and was going to but I can't find it. Anyone know where it is or if it's available on ICS?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
Yap..that's one of the problem... there are some missing settings that you have to find out.

Reaction score
For those looking for dlna settings. It can be found under my gallery at the bottom of settings after you press menu tab. Also there is now a xbox compatibility setting now. Never seen this before