Tips and tricks for D2/DX...

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
The .nomedia problem looks like its gone now. I did a battery pull and that seem to do the trick.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Battery pull? Hmmm, ok. Next time you do something like this, don't delete anything unless you're sure its the right file/folder. You should be able to see the folder on your Mac. I can. Other people can too. Try creating the folder from your Mac instead of creating it through ES File Manger. That way you can see everything from your Mac.

Sent from the D2... obviously...

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
So its best to leave it alone?

Well, you will have different .nomedia folders already established on your sd card and probably the phone's internal memory too. You should locate them so you know where they are and what they contain. You don't have to leave it alone. Just don't delete the wrong ones. Check your sd card for any folders named .nomedia. I have one on the root of it that has already been established there that I didn't create. Its part of the sd card. If you have one on the root of your sd card already then make a folder inside that .nomedia folder and label it something that you know that contains your pictures and whatnot.

Sent from the D2... obviously...

markchen

Reaction score
I just downloaded QuickPic app and it has a feature for you to hide pictures. Once you hide them Gallery can not see it and you can use QuickPic to view hidden pics.

jdog94

Reaction score
i created a .nomedia folder on my sd card and none of the picture on my card would show in gallery and no songs would show in music player.
i have done more reading and from what i have read if you want to had picture create a folder name anything (hidden) then create a empty folder in the hidden folder and name it .nomedia then anything in the hidden folder wont show up...................i also read naming a folder .anything will keep it from showing ..........i have only read these not tested them yet ...............i just know what .nomedia did to me

GoBears

Reaction score
I made numerous "secret" folders on my sdcard. Any I started with a . do not show their contents in the gallery. They are viewable with root explorer or astro though. It's much better than multiple .nomedia folders.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Can't seem to get ##7764726 to work...don't know if I'm doing anything wrong

If its not Boeing, I'm not going! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!

bikedude880

Reaction score
After typing it into Dialer, did you hit send?

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

Kimo91

Reaction score

Yep yep sure did and it dials out instead of giving me the password screen

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score

Yep yep sure did and it dials out instead of giving me the password screen

It shouldn't dial out. You have the Moto D2, like I do. So there should be no difference. If I can do it, then you most certainly can too.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Yeah I tried it and after inputting the code in it just stays on the dial screen and not switch to the password screen

Aequitas

Reaction score
Yeah I tried it and after inputting the code in it just stays on the dial screen and not switch to the password screen

my friend on the DX tried it too and it just dialed out, we both put it in, right numbers... =/ maybe it depends on location? but it worked for me and not him and were only a few miles away or could it be maybe it gets changed per batch of phones? like if you bought original rlease it works if you bought it in 2011 its different? dunno. very weird though

txter

Reaction score
that dialer code works for me. it worked awhile ago on my D2 and also works on my D2G. i did switch to -B and the person on the other end said i sounded a bit muffled so i switched back.