Tips and tricks for D2/DX...

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I have tried that code many times but I noticed it didn't with with gummy jar. I guess its depending the rom

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MAI HEROES

Reaction score
Little tip for those of you on Liberty GB. The programming menu is slightly different, to change the call quality option you have to:

>Select option 06 "Test Mode"
>Hit "Next" twice to get to the "Field Test Screen"
>Service Option is the first pull down menu, EVRC-B is the last one listed

EDIT: Or maybe not, it seems to revert back to EVRC when you reboot the phone.

Last edited:
OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Little tip for those of you on Liberty GB. The programming menu is slightly different, to change the call quality option you have to:

Nice job. Finally someone providing some tricks other than myself. From my research and understanding, EVRC-B is only supported by locations that support EVRC-B. And that generally is a very small amount across the USA. That may be the reason why it is reverting back because of no support for EVRC-B. I may be wrong. it may just be that the leaked GB isn't quite thoroughly tweaked yet and some in-depth changes made to the phone will revert back to the original settings upon reboot.

Sent from a different galaxy in space...

Jakehewitt526

Reaction score
Can't seem to get ##7764726 to work...don't know if I'm doing anything wrong

If its not Boeing, I'm not going! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!

Male sure you are using the soft dial button rather than a hard key. If that's not the issue then in the dialer, long press the menu button and it should bring up an alternate dialer, enter the number and press done

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

LisaScobey

Reaction score
I had the same problem as markchen...so I read that quickpic is a good app for viewing pics, so I installed it and my pics are back only now my camera won't work! UGH!!!!!! :( HELP!!!

txter

Reaction score
I had the same problem as markchen...so I read that quickpic is a good app for viewing pics, so I installed it and my pics are back only now my camera won't work! UGH!!!!!! :( HELP!!!

look in the root of your sd card for a folder named .nomedia

see if anything is in it. if their is anything that you want, move it somewhere else. delete that .nomedia folder and open your gallery back up. it may take a few minutes for everything to reload. you should be good then. let us know if it works.

markchen

Reaction score
QuickPic

I use an app called QuickPic and it does the does well at hiding pictures and videos.

txter

Reaction score
i also used Quickpic but still wanted to know why some of my pix disappeared.

markchen

Reaction score
Maybe they are just hidden. The only advise I can offer about that is to use Terminal app and login as root "su" and see if you can see anything. The directory may not show but you can still "cd" to it. You can also try rename the directory and do a "chmod 777" followed by the directory name.

txter

Reaction score
its all about that .nomedia folder. if you want to see how it works, create that folder and see what happens. then delete it and see how it reverts.

medszorntl

Reaction score
i tried the call quality on my droid x but came up with a different menu but i could only put in 6 "0's"
I do have the gingerbread update

HutRU01

Reaction score

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering where vocodes was. :)

HutRU01

Reaction score

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering where vocodes was. :)

My D2 also reverted back to EVRC when I rebooted.

papp_e

Reaction score
ok I swear im not dull, i dial the number, and ive done this many times, and it rings and I get 'all circuits are busy'. wtf?? Im on the latest released MIUI D2