I want to unroot for the new froyo.

Still no 2.1 update ... going to go ahead and force it.

I'm curious, has anyone done this and actually gotten the OTA 2.1 or 2.2 updates? I see a lot of people coming back and saying it never happened but nobody confirming it worked properly. If this is the case I have some doubts as to whether this SBF truly takes the phone back to a stock state.

Also, did Google move the download for the 2.1 update? All the links to Google servers that I have found here have been broken.

^this. I'm starting to get the feeling that once you enter the rabbit hole, there's no climbing back out.

RSD Lite is not allowing me to start the application of the 2.1 sbf.

Any ideas? I used this method when rooting originally, then mistakenly restored to my stock 2.1 backup at one point... leaving me with SPRecovery and an unrooted device. I want to do the stock OTA 2.2, but am unable to apply the update with SPRecovery installed (error 7).

Just trying this method to get 100% stock back on my phone - but when I browse for an select the 2.01 sbf, the "start" button is grayed out. I am running it as administrator (windows 7, 64bit). And this method worked great when rooting, fwiw.

? thanks!

Just curious. Why go through all this trouble of using the finicky RSD Lite 4.6 when you can use ROM Manager to restore to stock unrooted 2.0.1/ESD56?

Also, just for kicks, I have almost every file known to man ever posted for the Droid 1 in my folder below in a huge and hard to read list with no descriptions, including the signed-voles-ESE81-from-ESD56.fa406da6.zip file. Of course you have to have the stock recovery image on your 2.0.1/ESD56 phone to use that one.

good luck

Just curious. Why go through all this trouble of using the finicky RSD Lite 4.6 when you can use ROM Manager to restore to stock unrooted 2.0.1/ESD56?

mainly because i was unaware of that option.

where should i go for info on this method? didn't find anything by searching.

also, i do not have (and have never had) any custom ROMS installed (hence no need for ROM manager). Just used a custom kernel for overclocking purposes.

thanks!

Also, I am currently unrooted (via restoring my 2.1 backup by mistake).

Just wanna get rid of SPRecovery.

Also, just for kicks, I have almost every file known to man ever posted for the Droid 1 in my folder below in a huge and hard to read list with no descriptions, including the signed-voles-ESE81-from-ESD56.fa406da6.zip file. Of course you have to have the stock recovery image on your 2.0.1/ESD56 phone to use that one.

good luck

Do you happen to have or know where to get the stock kernel that originally came with the droid? I was able to get back to stock 2.1, but am having issues with the kernel and really want to go back to stock? Thanks in advance!

Also, I am currently unrooted (via restoring my 2.1 backup by mistake).

Just wanna get rid of SPRecovery.

For one, if you're not rooted, I didn't think SPRecovery would work. As for ROM manager, I don't know if you need the paid version or not, but once installed, open it, go to Download Rom, then Stock images, and 2.0.1 is in the list. For removal of SPRecovery try these commands either via terminal or ADB shell (assumes though you still actually do have root):

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][FONT=Comic Sans MS]su[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Comic Sans MS]mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Comic Sans MS]mv /system/recovery-from-boot.p.old /system/recovery-from-boot.p.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Comic Sans MS]mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Comic Sans MS]sync[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Comic Sans MS]reboot[/FONT]
[/LIST]

Do you happen to have or know where to get the stock kernel that originally came with the droid? I was able to get back to stock 2.1, but am having issues with the kernel and really want to go back to stock? Thanks in advance!

First off, please go here on your phone:
menu -> settings -> about phone and tell us exactly what kernel version is shown. Usually 'getting back to stock' by using a stock rom, nandroid backup, or whatever, also flashes the boot.img file which contains the kernel.

good luck

the links in this thread need to be edited as they are driving log errors, are you ok with me doing it?
did not want to just fix it w/o checking.

Go ahead no issue here.

Well, I just went back to stock on my D1 from running FRG01B rooted. Now I think that if you are on FR22D rooted and for some reason you want to go back to stock you can flash FRG01B (the version with root on page 6 of the Froyo Circus thread in the news section) and then use DMupdater12 to put you back to whatever stock you want to be at. I'm now running stock FRG22D. Thanks to JStafford for the helpful suggestion.

well %^#&@.

I tried this and now my phone gives me a red battery icon with a line through it when I reboot. It says connect your charger then shuts itself down.

Help?!?!

Help Please!!

I am trying to follow the instructions posted, everything seems fine all files are downloaded...but when i get to the part where I run RSD Lite, it won't pick up my phone...it's still connected to the USB, but the model number doesn't show up..So i can install the sbf file...Stuck and i could use some help real bad..thanks! Also, i did go to config and tried both settings, but it would just not recognize my phone

links in OP are all broken (domain is gone...).

what to do?

This thread is sooooooooo old as is the release of Froyo for the A855. What are you really wanting to do? You must surely have Froyo on your phone, do you just want to unroot your phone?

Anyways, if it's just the missing files in the OP you seek, look to my sig. If you want some other guides to do other things to your phone, again look to my sig.

good luck

Back