2.2 Install Failed!!!

bad terminology by me. That is what I meant. Nothing happens.

Are we having fun yet or what?

Oh yes this is fun! Thanks for your patients, We'll get you through

Mike

Try uninstalling/redownloading ROM Manager.

Trion, I think it may be good idea to take a few minutes and assess what you've done so we can get Sapphire installed.

You have RM/CW installed
You were not able to flash Sapphire with RM
Now you are trying to switch to SPR

Is that correct?

Mike

<pokes head in again>

If the uninstall/reinstall doesn't work you can also use RSD Lite and just reflash SPRecovery again. Then it should be a simple matter to flash the rom you wanted. You've already used RSD Lite to do this once, so it should be easy to do it again.

Trion, I think it may be good idea to take a few minutes and assess what you've done so we can get Sapphire installed.

You have RM/CW installed

Is that correct?

Mike

I have rm/cw altho free r/m is still downloading.
couldn't flash Sapphire with RM
yes, I am trying to switch to spr with rm as couldn't get it on RSD lite.

<pokes head in again>

If the uninstall/reinstall doesn't work you can also use RSD Lite and just reflash SPRecovery again. Then it should be a simple matter to flash the rom you wanted. You've already used RSD Lite to do this once, so it should be easy to do it again.

Totally forgot about that. You are going to have to wipe data anyway, so flash the 2.1 SPRecovery SBF found in christim's thread.

You have RM/CW installed

Is that correct?

Mike

I have rm/cw altho free r/m is still downloading.
couldn't flash Sapphire with RM
yes, I am trying to switch to spr with rm as couldn't get it on RSD lite.

Thanks for the clarification on the steps you have taken.

The process Christim suggested is solid. Are you willing and comfortable giving SBF a second go? If not, then we need to work on getting RM to flash SPR.

Mike

I need to help my wife with her flowers be back in 15 or so

I reinstalled the ROM and nothing. I have to go home at this point as a minor crisis has occurred. Can I continue this tomorrow/ Remember RSD lite doesn't seem to like me.

My sincerest appreciation.

Jim

No problem! You take care of your family. We'll be here when you return.

Mike

Back