2.2 Install Failed!!!

I thought he already had moved to SPR Sorry if I misunderstood

No you should not. You do, however, need to rename to "update.zip" and make sure there is one and only one zip at the end

What do I do with the second file; the one with gapps in it?

Mike he has both of them on his sd card so if he is going to use SPrecovery to install he is going to have to delete the gapps until he gets the rom to install then delete that update file only to rename the gapps file update and install as well....... right???

I am not a SPrecovery person so if that is the route y'all are gonna take him I am going to back out and let you guide him so that we don't confuse him.

No you should not. You do, however, need to rename to "update.zip" and make sure there is one and only one zip at the end

What do I do with the second file; the one with gapps in it?

Well I am thinking that the problem is with CW/RM in getting the ROM installed. Mike and Titans are more familiar with SPrecovery and you may have to switch to that in order to get your ROM installed. And if so, they will be able to guide you better than me on what to do with the two update files.

Two options. Rename to something other than update.zip or delete. We need to install the rom update.zip then we'll do the gapps

Two options. Rename to something other than update.zip or delete. We need to install the rom update.zip then we'll do the gapps

I will rename the one to update.zip and see what happens.thank you.

Mike does he need to flash SPrecovery first??

Okay, I will shut up now and let you SPrecovery pros take over, I promise.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Flash SPRecovery using rom manager, scroll down and you'll find it on the homepage of Rom manager.

Rename first file to update.zip

Allow update.zip

Install update.zip

Boot up into the rom.

When you can, mount usb, rename first file to sapphire rom, the gapps file to update.zip

Reboot into recovery

Allow update.zip

Install update.zip

something has screwed the pooch. When I go to the ROM manager and hit the button, it told me I had to have my SD disk mounted.so I mounted. (So everything was listed. Hit the button and nothing.

I shut everything down and rebooted the phone. I amount of the data disk opened it up if the button and nothing. It keeps telling me I have to have the data disk mounted. It is.

Do you have your phone mounted to your pc? You need to turn the mount off.

Do you have your phone mounted to your pc? You need to turn the mount off.

If by turn it off, I hope you mean that I unhooked it. I did that just now. I then hit/alternate recovery which has the SP recovery on it. It would not open.

Am I missing something? Thank you.

Titans, too much replying soI've stopped posting but will continue to watch.

Mike

What do you mean it will not open?

when i hit the botton in rom manager that says alternate recovery which has the SP recovery on it.

It's not supposed to "open", you click it, and theres a progress bar at the top of your screen that shows the progress of the download/installation of SPRecovery

Back