2.2 Install Failed!!!

Okay it appears that the most recent updates to Clockwork Mod (CW from now on) is having a few issues. So here is what we are going to do. Go into RM and scroll to the bottom you will see "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" Click that open and then choose 2.0.2.4 and say okay. Yes you will get constant requests to update your CW but to get sapphire loaded we will have to do this for now.

let me know when you have that loaded.

Make that 2.0.1.3. Others have had success with later versions (dlwhtrose for example), but others have not. 2.0.1.3 is confirmed to work though.

I selected 2.0.1.3. it flashed successfully.Thank you.

Thats OK D, I provided the link to the wiki in an earlier reply

Mike

remember, I am a schmaltz. I downloaded the files. Do I simply put them in the SD rootor open them through RSD light? Thank you.

This is pretty cool you got several Rescue Squad members here.....

Okay no download the files to your computer, mount your droid and put the files on the root of your sd card. Then you will boot into recovery (power off, then while holding the x key power up, keep holding the x key until you see a green or sometimes blue menu). Once you get there I will give you additional steps.

Looks like you guys got this one :)

This is pretty cool you got several Rescue Squad members here.....

Okay no download the files to your computer, mount your droid and put the files on the root of your sd card. Then you will boot into recovery (power off, then while holding the x key power up, keep holding the x key until you see a green or sometimes blue menu). Once you get there I will give you additional steps.

It is a black screen with green lettering.

Okay, once you are in recovery you are going to .... (use your volume keys to navigate up and down the menu, your camera key makes the selection, your power key takes you backward in the menus.)

>>>(volume key down) install zip from sdcard (hit your camera key)
>>> (volume key down) choose zip from sdcard (hit camera key)
>>>(volume key down) to sapphire-0.8.4-update.zip (hit camera key)

repeat these steps for the next file which is sapphire-0.89.4-gapps-update.zip

Once both have installed, you will be sitting at "reboot system now" hit your camera key and reboot.

Okay, once you are in recovery you are going to .... (use your volume keys to navigate up and down the menu, your camera key makes the selection, your power key takes you backward in the menus.)

Once both have installed, you will be sitting at "reboot system now" hit your camera key and reboot.

Bad news: said it couldn't open the update.zip. I did not unzip the files when I transferred them over. I simply draw them to the disc's root.

Once you reboot you may have to sign back into your google account. This is normal do not worry.

Also, once you have rebooted and your google account has had time to restore your paid apps go into the market > menu > downloads and see if everything is there. Some apps are not visable with this rom and its a market problem. If that happens, go back to the cvpcs site, download the market hack the same way you did the rom and gapps. And then you will install the same way as well.

I have to run to my boss' office, I will be right back.

Bad news: said it couldn't open the update.zip. I did not unzip the files when I transferred them over. I simply draw them to the disc's root.
Awwww crap. Okay hang on, let me see what to do..

Copy the file on your computer and make sure that the file is "filenamehere.zip", not "filenamehere.zip.zip"

Back