I think I completely [botched] my phone

I

idfk420

Got my rezound a couple weeks ago, already broke my screen... So... I dicided to see what all the ics fuss was about... So I unlocked and rooted,then got newts latest rom,then the kernel, boot image, and patch... Did eveything in the order of whatever guide I was using, now in stuck in bootloop limbo :( tried different roms, different kernels,patches, fixes, and so on and now I think ive messed up pretty hard... (I did match first ROM tried with its correct kernel) Idk what kind of info yall need but just ask away and ill answer what I can...
(p.s. Im not a noob to rooting and romming, im just a noob to htc rooting and romming...)

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
We only have two kinds of bootloops on the Rezound, network kind(which can usually be solved by taking the back cover off and LTE SIM out), and software ones that are caused by dirty flashing and you should go back into AmonRa and do a full data/cache/dalvik wipe. If none of the above solves your issue, you may want to flash the kernel again(maybe even a few times) just to make sure it took.

OP
I

idfk420

Did all that 4 times over.... I even re dl'd all files through a different network/router to ensure it wasnt packet loss in transit...Oh,and im dumb,i used cwm insted of the others(I came from a bionic,wanted to stay in a know territory) I just read that ota ics is here, today... FML

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

idfk420

Is it possible to s-off in a bootloop? and I lost my backup when my Pc got an std :(

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
No clue about S-Off. Never took that plunge because I never look backward.

OP
I

idfk420

Well now I'm kinda wanting to so I can go back to GB stock and get back on upgrade path

OP
I

idfk420

Any help from anyone else? Really missing dubstep on beats :(

OP
I

idfk420

Anything? Anyone? I'm kicking myself for screwing this up less than a week from ota... I might could even pay someone for one on one help (pm me for details)

OP
I

idfk420

Did that and it seems im worse in now... Cant get past htc before it starts hboot giving me a **** tampered **** message

OP
I

idfk420

Now adb cant find my phone at all... this is a nightmare... I havent even had this thing 3 Weeks

OP
I

idfk420

20 bucks to who ever can help me get my phone running... No lie...

OP
I

idfk420

I started psycho flashing evrrything I had by renaming all to PH98IMG.zip as I re locked it and lost recovery...but, im now back on stock GB running ok so far..

OP
I

idfk420

About phone says 4.x.x but hasoons s-off toolkit only tries to work in GB mode... Has 4.x.x settings menu... I un locked and re rooted... And the dialer doesn't work (restarts on number press...)