identifying your phone and version?

jbur074

Reaction score
so im pretty much a noob when it comes to hacking phones. i have a droid x system version 2.3.340 android version 2.2.1 and i have no idea the difference between gingerbread, froyo, etc. my phone is rooted, however i have not started downloading roms / themes because i simply do not know the difference, or what im looking for? all im looking to do is change my theme, and overclock my phone.

thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so im pretty much a noob when it comes to hacking phones. i have a droid x system version 2.3.340 android version 2.2.1 and i have no idea the difference between gingerbread, froyo, etc. my phone is rooted, however i have not started downloading roms / themes because i simply do not know the difference, or what im looking for? all im looking to do is change my theme, and overclock my phone.

thanks

I know we all start out not knowing anything and it's good that you want to learn, but I have to tell you that there is no way you should have rooted yet. You're not ready

Well, you're running Froyo, that I can tell you. Gingerbread is the next release after Froyo, but it hasn't been released to any phones OTA yet. Find out more information about Custom ROMs by reading the threads on the ones available for you. Learn before you do anything else. I don't want you to brick your phone.

There is a wealth of information here in the Forum but you're going to have to do some good old fashioned studying. Get an idea of what you want and then we can help you further.

OP
J

jbur074

Reaction score
Right that's exactly why I asked :) I rooted my phone originally for wireless teather. Then I found out what all the possibilities were from the droid x I decided to go further. However I simply could not find what version I was running. Im pretty firmiliar with some stuff there's just alot of crazy lingo I didn't understand.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App