Froyo Version ??

OP
swallman

swallman

Reaction score
OK, looks like I should upgrade...what's the easiest way (and do I have to wipe everything again - hate to LOL).

I know I could go to BB, but I prefer using a stock fw if possible...

Download ROM manager from the market, go to download roms and then go to stock images and choose 2.2 froyo. It will ask to clear data and make backup, just make a backup, you dont have to clear data. If you dont want to buy ROM manager then you can follow these instructions: Download: Newer Motorola Droid Froyo Leak FRF57 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Got mine upgraded to the latest build. Muchas Gracias for the help!

eliassami5

Reaction score
OK, looks like I should upgrade...what's the easiest way (and do I have to wipe everything again - hate to LOL).

I know I could go to BB, but I prefer using a stock fw if possible...

Download ROM manager from the market, go to download roms and then go to stock images and choose 2.2 froyo. It will ask to clear data and make backup, just make a backup, you dont have to clear data. If you dont want to buy ROM manager then you can follow these instructions: Download: Newer Motorola Droid Froyo Leak FRF57 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

no prob, make sure to get the market fix here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-chaos/49974-market-updat-fix-froyo-leaked-versaion-2-a.html

and update your basebands here:
#1 http://www.mydroidfiles.com/downloads/baseband-update.zip
#2 When it Rains, it Pours: Newest Radio File for the Motorola Droid C_01.43.01P

you MUST install the first baseband before you install the second

OP
swallman

swallman

Reaction score

no prob, make sure to get the market fix here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-chaos/49974-market-updat-fix-froyo-leaked-versaion-2-a.html

and update your basebands here:
#1 http://www.mydroidfiles.com/downloads/baseband-update.zip
#2 When it Rains, it Pours: Newest Radio File for the Motorola Droid C_01.43.01P

you MUST install the first baseband before you install the second

Exactly what does the baseband do (and is there any harm in not updating it) ?

eliassami5

Reaction score
The baseband radio update will update your connection with Verizon's towers. Your signal will become stronger, thus very likely giving you faster 3g speeds. However, made a backup before doing this, because although it is rare, some users are negatively affected by baseband updates. You WILL NEED TO REACTIVATE YOUR PHONE AFTER INSTALLING THIS. When you first reboot from the installation, it should automatically prompt you to a screen where you follow the directions to reactivate. If you get an error that you cannot activate, it is most likely because Verizon is upgrading their servers. Try again periodically, it should be over within 2 hours

taken from here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ns/49494-how-get-most-out-froyo-rom-faqs.html

Some people experience a decrease in signal strength, and thats why you should make a backup before each baseband install, so if that does happen you can revert back to your prior state.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, he's gonna have to change that lil bit of info.....

The basebands are not part of the ROM or any backups u make. Once u change basebands, it stays changed until u install another baseband or install an official update with RSD Lite. (It can also get changed by an official OTA update from Verizon) Its not part of any backups u make.

The thing to do is have the latest and some previous basebands on hand so if ur signal/reception and/or 3G speeds get worse, u can install a previous baseband. With Froyo there are 2 out now for it, so just keep both on hand and see how it goes. The basebands from 2.1 and 2.0.1 are around too. I dont really know if its wise to use them on Froyo, but I havent heard of any problems with doing that yet. Some folks running 2.1 are using the Froyo basebands now.

Last edited:

eliassami5

Reaction score
Ok, he's gonna have to change that lil bit of info.....

The basebands are not part of the ROM or any backups u make. Once u change basebands, it stays changed until u flash another baseband or flash an official update with RSD Lite. (It can also get changed by an official OTA update from Verizon) Its not part of any backups u make.

The thing to do is have the latest and some previous basebands on hand so if ur signal/reception and/or 3G speeds get worse, u can install a previous baseband. With Froyo there are 2 out now for it, so just keep both on hand and see how it goes. The basebands from 2.1 and 2.0.1 are around too. I dont really know if its wise to use them on Froyo, but I havent heard of any problems with doing that yet. Some folks running 2.1 are using the Froyo basebands now.

yea when i flashed from the previous version of froyo to the FRF57 build my baseband stayed the same, never thought to connect the two.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea....we need to really thank whoever made the basebands into update.zips. Before, the only way to change it was with RSD Lite....sometimes doing a complete downgrade just to change basebands.

But thanks for posting that lil blurb from the FAQ.

Last edited: