Froyo Version ??

swallman

Reaction score
OK, I've been running Froyo for about 5 days or so now and love it...however, I notice some mention of a newer version of Froyo available. How do I confirm whether I'm running the newer version or not ?

In "About Phone", this is what is listed:

Android Version 2.2
Baseband Version C_01.3E.03P
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-P3Droids
Build number voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 49593 test-keys

About the only thing I don't have working is Chrome-to-Phone (it seems to hang on registering), and Maps says I have an "Update available" but I've avoided installing it (my Maps is already working).

Also Hulu not working on Flash (even tried the xda-dev fix to no avail)...

Thanks

if you go into settings and then go to about phone, scroll all the way to the bottom and it should look like this

CAP201006072243-e1275976399466-600x337.jpg

If it says FR57 then it is the latest build available to us

OK, looks like I should upgrade...what's the easiest way (and do I have to wipe everything again - hate to LOL).

I know I could go to BB, but I prefer using a stock fw if possible...

How do I confirm whether I'm running the newer version or not ?

The New version is Bugles Beast Froyo, get it here!

Release: Bugless Beast Froyo V0.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

Get the Kernels Here! P3designs.info/kernels

I've been running this Rom and I love it no bugs at all...

Any question just ask! dancedroid

..no thats not the new version. thats just Peter's Theme on top of the latest build of 2.2. The latest stock 2.2 is the FR57 build.

OK, looks like I should upgrade...what's the easiest way (and do I have to wipe everything again - hate to LOL).

Download ROM manager from the market, go to download roms and then go to stock images and choose 2.2 froyo. It will ask to clear data and make backup, just make a backup, you dont have to clear data. If you dont want to buy ROM manager then you can follow these instructions: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/08/download-newer-motorola-droid-froyo-leak-frf57/

Download ROM manager from the market, go to download roms and then go to stock images and choose 2.2 froyo. It will ask to clear data and make backup, just make a backup, you dont have to clear data. If you dont want to buy ROM manager then you can follow these instructions: Download: Newer Motorola Droid Froyo Leak FRF57 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

So what's better- this newer leak or Pete's BB 0.1?? From what I read the droid life link is the actual 2.2 whereas BB is just a ROM...is that right?

Ok thanks. But what's the difference between the FR57 build and BB 0.1? Probably a dumb question but I'm a noob..

Last edited:
Ok thanks. But what's the difference that and BB 0.1? Probably a dumb question but I'm a noob..

You will simply have to try it to find out. All the different ROMs behave differently according to people who have them. If you're curious, try it. If you're content with Fryro then don't try it.

If my Build number is:
voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 33333 test-keys
Do I have the latest build?

Download ROM manager from the market, go to download roms and then go to stock images and choose 2.2 froyo. It will ask to clear data and make backup, just make a backup, you dont have to clear data. If you dont want to buy ROM manager then you can follow these instructions: Download: Newer Motorola Droid Froyo Leak FRF57 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

It's under the Free section of Rom Manager (Stock Images) so you don't need to buy it.

Back