I'm not sure the used droid I bought has stock rom.

dan.dar

Reaction score
In about phone it says:
Android Version 2.2
Baseband version: C_01.43.01P
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g103d848
Build Number: Froyo Kangerade V1.0

Launcher is ADW Version 0.7.8

OP
D

dan.dar

Reaction score
I'm a total noob as far as android goes, so I wasn't being sarcastic. I really don't know, but since there is a donate button in ADW settings I got curious.

OP
D

dan.dar

Reaction score
So I googled it, apparently it's an older rom from June. Seems to work fine, not that i would know. Any opinions on it?

warrior21

Reaction score
Looks like you bought a rooted phone. I ran Kangerade a while back, it was a solid ROM at the time

OP
D

dan.dar

Reaction score
So if it's already rooted, since I was planning on loading custom roms onto it anyways, this should make it easier. Right? The only problem might be that I don't have a backup of my stock rom? Could I use my current rom as my backup?

UNC

Reaction score
If it works properly right now just make a backup of the rom you're using. Backups don't have to be official roms, they just need to work so if something messes up in the future you can restore.

So, just back up Kangerade and install Cyanogenmod 6.12.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

warrior21

Reaction score
Like UNC said you can just make a backup of Kangerade and then flash one of the more current ROMS. There are ways of going back to stock if you have to

OP
D

dan.dar

Reaction score

My wifi started acting up so that's exactly what I did. Wifi now works perfectly fine. Phew! I thought I bought a broken droid off ebay.

The only thing I miss from Kangerade is the battery indicator was showing percentage inside the battery icon and now it just shows a non-descript battery icon.

UNC

Reaction score

My wifi started acting up so that's exactly what I did. Wifi now works perfectly fine. Phew! I thought I bought a broken droid off ebay.

The only thing I miss from Kangerade is the battery indicator was showing percentage inside the battery icon and now it just shows a non-descript battery icon.

Today is your lucky day!
There's an option for that!

Settings -> Cyanogenmod settings -> User interface -> Status bar
The first option is "Battery Percentage".

CM is the best by far in my experience. They make the best roms for every android device I have owned. (Dream, Magic, D1, Dinc)

Just wondering, did you use ADW launcher with CM or Launcher2?

OP
D

dan.dar

Reaction score
I used AWD launcher, though I wasn't aware there was a choice. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App