i think i bricked my phone

naman919

Reaction score
you have indeed bricked your phone. Unless you can manually boot into recovery and try to restore a backup via nandroid.

tatuud

Reaction score
i tried doing what this page said to do. TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader
and now this is all my phone does, it shows the M and then it goes to a black screen that says this.
Bootloader
Err.A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer mode:
Usb

any idea on what to do?

no you're not bricked...try going into stock recovery...hold the home key and the power button, when you see the "M" release the power button, if you get the triangle, release the home key and hit the search key, then do factory data wipe, reboot your phone. if that doesn't work you can try the "system only" 340 sbf. if that doesn't work you can try the full 320 sbf. one of these steps will get you of the bootloop. hopefully its the first step.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
*Whoops! Try what was said in post #3, that should fix you.

Hmmm....I don't want to give you false hopes, but you may be able to work around that. Go to the hacking help section in the forums, I beleive there is a way to initialize recovery via pc, I just can't remember where I saw it.... If the phone is totally unresponsive, you may be able to try reflashing the root using your pc and RSD lite. A buddy of mine did that when his phone got stuck in a similar manner, and though he couldn't recover any of his media, he got his droid up and running again.

Last edited:
OP
L

lseaver92

Reaction score
tried the home button and search key with no avail. Whats my next step that i can take? Im lost as far as what to do

if i were to do a sbf restore how would i go about doing that?

detox

Reaction score
bump. Help guys i need my phone.

When I installed the kernel update I was getting bootloop as well. I wiped data and cache but it seemed that as soon as I powered my phone off the bootloop would start again. What I did was installed the kernel again and ran the 2.3.340 system only sbf and started from scratch. Before that I ran the full sbf only to realize I just reset my kernel back to the one I was trying to change. I have no more bootloops since running the system only sbf. There are many threads that explain how to sbf. Just make sure you use the correct sbf file.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
L

lseaver92

Reaction score
i have been trying to sbf my phone and i have read many threads on what to do but i cant figure it out. every time i do it it says it has failed.

detox

Reaction score
i have been trying to sbf my phone and i have read many threads on what to do but i cant figure it out. every time i do it it says it has failed.

Did you get you issues resolved?

Lisbian08

Reaction score

I don't know exactly what steps you have performed, but a couple of things I would check. First, the .340 sbf is a "system only sbf". You need to flash the .320 full sbf first. Secondly, make sure you are using rsdlite 4.8. The previous versions do not work correctly with Droid X and these sbfs.

detox

Reaction score

I don't know exactly what steps you have performed, but a couple of things I would check. First, the .340 sbf is a "system only sbf". You need to flash the .320 full sbf first. Secondly, make sure you are using rsdlite 4.8. The previous versions do not work correctly with Droid X and these sbfs.

As for what you suggested(running the full 2.3.320 sbf)... I had the same issue with bootlooping and the full sbf just brought me back to the. 320 kernel. After I reinstalled the kernel, I used the system only sbf to correct the bootloop. I sent him instructions via pm but haven't heard anything back