I love the gnex battery

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's mine for today, keep in mind my post a few pages back - this is on 3G with an extended battery, a few key apps that run in the background frozen, and minimal screen brightness

Screenshot_2012-01-25-11-42-32.png

Screenshot_2012-01-25-11-42-40.png

Screenshot_2012-01-25-11-42-46.png

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Touch the graph to get to the detail screen there, and post a screen cap. Just curious to see it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ha, this will probably be my last post for the day, no charger :crazy:

Screenshot_2012-01-25-12-19-24.png

Snow02

Reaction score

Are you listening to music a lot or something? You've got some excessive awake time if not.

vicky1377

Reaction score

This is way too much of a drain and too quick though. There are many ideas/suggestions/troubleshooting techniques I can give you but before that I would like to know if you performed basic battery saving things.
1. Turn off NFC as you don't be using much
2. Sign out of Google+ if you are not using
3. No synching of contacts, calendar with google other than just emails unless you are really using. You can always sync when you need to
4. Brightness to auto or lowest whichever works for you
5. Disable GPS and location services of google
6. Use wifi wherever available especially home that way it's not toggling between 3g/4g signal where it can't find. It drains fast too
7. Uncheck all USB, bluetooth tethering under settings - More (under data usage) - Tethering & Portable hotspot

Once you have done all of this, test your battery with normal or heavy usage however you use the phone. See if you get improvement in usage. I'm on Verizon LTE network LTE is super fast in terms of downloads but does drain battery quicker than 3g and GSM version phones but still yours is very bad, it shouldn't be. We all know the keep awake bug is there which prevents the phone to go in deep sleep mode

Now the second area if you are comfortable entering into this territory:). Unlock the bootloader, Root the phone (don't worry you can always re-lock the bootloader and unroot to bring back to factory settings). You can look for setcpu to set different profiles while phone is in sleep mode, I can share mine if you care. You can still stay on stock rom, flash CWM, make backups (nandroid and titanium) and flash few custom kernels which support undervolting options. Install better battery stats, battery monitor and alogcat from market to test your battery. I'm curious to see which wake locks in your better battery stats are holding for a long along with counts and % cpu consumption. Have fun :)

ConqSoft

Reaction score
And why is there no battery icon showing in your notification bar? Are you rooted and running some modified ROM? Or is there a way to turn that off that I've never noticed?

orion2001

Reaction score
That is crazy! Your "awake" bar chart tells it all though. There is some run away process/app that is preventing your phone from going into Deep Sleep.I'd recommend installing CPU Spy and Better Battery Stats to try and track down what is keeping your phone awake.

I forgot to charge my phone last night. I'm still at 30% charge after 1day + 5 hours - 1 hour screen time, on stock battery (mostly WiFi coverage). I've been very impressed with the GN battery consumption (or lack thereof).

Edit - Also, why did you reboot your phone thrice in 4 hours? The second & third discontinuity in your chart seems surprising...almost as if your battery isn't calibrated properly. I wouldn't expect that big a drop from a reboot. Something certainly doesn't seem right.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I stay on 3G, uninstalled G+ and froze maps, sync stays off, and brightness is always at minimum - I rebooted into recovery this morning to wipe battery stats after a rom update last night and then into recovery two more times to flash some modified .apk's

I've tried different profiles with Set CPU and separately with built in rom governors - sometimes results are better than others but never have I seen some of the stats being reported here - definitely not a game killer (it's a nexus after all) but not as dependable as my D1 was even while staying on 3G

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't expect it too - just something I do after a few rom updates - like I said it's usually better than today i just wish it would be more consistent across the board which is somewhat unrealistic between rom changes and updates

soulshot96

Reaction score
mines stock and I get on average 12-13 hours on a charge with 4g on. I am very impressed with the battery life on this phone. Way better than my old one.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't expect it too - just something I do after a few rom updates - like I said it's usually better than today i just wish it would be more consistent across the board which is somewhat unrealistic between rom changes and updates

Well, you just flashed a new rom too. Which could definitely have something to do with it. They definitely seem settle in a bit after a day or so.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
And why is there no battery icon showing in your notification bar? Are you rooted and running some modified ROM? Or is there a way to turn that off that I've never noticed?

The battery bar is the thin blue line on the bottom, it recesses towards the middle as the battery drains - pretty sick