I love the gnex battery

OP
rasaun87

rasaun87

Reaction score
But you charged your phone for like an hour in that screenshot.

Yea I used to watch to watch NFL network on my phone. I purposely was seeing how long my phone could last. The hour I charged it it went up from 39% to 38%. The only reason I charged was to watch it and I wanted to see how long my phone could last off of regular use. Trust me that charge basically just kept the phone from losing battery, not to charge it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

vicky1377

Reaction score
Getting over 11 hours of juice and as u can see over 3hrs of on-screen time. Before u bash a phone like the nexus please learn how to use the unlocked boot loader. Lean kernel 1.7.1 on gummynex 6.5

That's normal with stock. People have gotten better than that;). I'm assuming you are on Verizon like I am otherwise those GSM users are getting 20-30 or even more hours normally. We use two chips for lte which drains. They can brag about but we got the killer sick download speeds than they do;)

OP
rasaun87

rasaun87

Reaction score
That's normal with stock. People have gotten better than that;). I'm assuming you are on Verizon like I am otherwise those GSM users are getting 20-30 or even more hours normally. We use two chips for lte which drains. They can brag about but we got the killer sick download speeds than they do;)

Really? With 4hrs of 4g use? I must have had a bad nexus then... but then again maybe u just got a really good one lol. But idc what they have over there, I don't pay attention to it cuz the tech is different. If battery power was my saving grace then I would have got an iPhone or something. I just wanted something with good standby time and with a different kernel the phone is perfect minus the volume :/

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
He didn't. Notice the omission of the screen on time. You can't get 5 hours screen on with the stock battery outside of putting it in airplane mode. Even then you'll be pushing it.

No actually I did get it. I took the screen shot last week. And was not concerned with screen on time. So 5 hours might be a slightly over statement. But it was easily above three hours.

Now how I got that type of battery life, it was not due to keeping the phone in airplane mode that's just stupid.

I have the screen always set to minimum brightness. Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS are all turned off as I don't use them. Especially Wifi since my 4G is 10x faster.
I also turned off NFC as I don't use it either.

Note I was using data on 4G not 3g and I never turned the radio off.

All tea was done with the standard 1850mAh battery on a stock, non-rooted VZW Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
rasaun87

rasaun87

Reaction score
No actually I did get it. I took the screen shot last week. And was not concerned with screen on time. So 5 hours might be a slightly over statement. But it was easily above three hours.

Now how I got that type of battery life, it was not due to keeping the phone in airplane mode that's just stupid.

I have the screen always set to minimum brightness. Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS are all turned off as I don't use them. Especially Wifi since my 4G is 10x faster.

All tea was done with the standard 1850mAh battery on a stock, non-rooted VZW Nexus.

man... if I coulda got that stock, I would have never even rooted lol. But that's good tho.

alboboy10

Reaction score
My awake time on android os is 1 hour something and my screen on has been for 3 minutes. Battery dropped 10% in one hour.

I'm doing a factory reset today this horrible. Something is chewing up my battery non stop.

First week I had this phone the battery was amazing

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Getting over 11 hours of juice and as u can see over 3hrs of on-screen time. Before u bash a phone like the nexus please learn how to use the unlocked boot loader. Lean kernel 1.7.1 on gummynex 6.5

I'm offended that one should "learn" how to break their warranty for better battery life before complaining...

That's not a smart mentality. If I buy a new car, I shouldn't have to jeopardize my warranty just so I can install a function that should have been stock.

Samsung or Verizon or Google should have handled this battery issue. The consumer has every right to "bash" em over this!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll have to disagree on great battery life, of course I root, rom, and kernel but I've also had to take drastic measures just to make it through a normal work day - purchasing an extended battery, uninstalling G+ freezing Maps, staying on 3G in a full 4G city, only using the power button to turn the screen on, constant minimum dimness, disabling NFC, only then I can make it through the day without plugging in, and if I have a long night ahead I have to charge in between - so yeah I'd say there's some improvement to be seen in the battery department, at least for my nexus

Snow02

Reaction score

2 extra hours is not a slight over statement when talking about screen on time. That's nearly double. 2-3 hours is realistic, with over 3 being not doable over the course of a normal day.

OP
rasaun87

rasaun87

Reaction score
I'm offended that one should "learn" how to break their warranty for better battery life before complaining...

That's not a smart mentality. If I buy a new car, I shouldn't have to jeopardize my warranty just so I can install a function that should have been stock.

Samsung or Verizon or Google should have handled this battery issue. The consumer has every right to "bash" em over this!

I see it more like getting a new car and then changing a couple things around to better fit u. I'm not worried about a warranty for one when I know how to go back. The phone was labeled a "developer phone, not a perfect phone. Its the first phone with a brand new os so to say it should be perfect would be kinda crazy. That's like getting a new car with a brand new just invented engine and transmission. I got it cuz I'm tech savvy so I know what to do but if u want a phone that's closer to software perfection u should NOT get a nexus.

OP
rasaun87

rasaun87

Reaction score
I'll have to disagree on great battery life, of course I root, rom, and kernel but I've also had to take drastic measures just to make it through a normal work day - purchasing an extended battery, uninstalling G+ freezing Maps, staying on 3G in a full 4G city, only using the power button to turn the screen on, constant minimum dimness, disabling NFC, only then I can make it through the day without plugging in, and if I have a long night ahead I have to charge in between - so yeah I'd say there's some improvement to be seen in the battery department, at least for my nexus

keep in mind I'm comparing to other 4g phones. Obviously if compare my Droid x to the nexus it will kill it compared to battery. The nexus has many battery killing extras that make it bad. But I had a rezound, bionic, and nexus and this has (with modifying it) the best battery to me.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the Bionic too with the 2700mah extended battery, similar results - I think this will be an ongoing issue until we come into new battery technology

I did read recently about touch screen tech with solar charging strips underneath - a step in the right direction but probably still a ways off

305rev305

Reaction score
I'm not rooted and have the 2100 battery and I'm getting 8-10 hrs....
Can someone tell me what's wrong???

a6f88c73-20c5-8f5b.jpg

vicky1377

Reaction score
Really? With 4hrs of 4g use? I must have had a bad nexus then... but then again maybe u just got a really good one lol. But idc what they have over there, I don't pay attention to it cuz the tech is different. If battery power was my saving grace then I would have got an iPhone or something. I just wanted something with good standby time and with a different kernel the phone is perfect minus the volume :/

No I never got 4 hours of screen time on 4g LTE plus I never used that much yet. The best so far I have gotten is 3 hours of screen time, 16% -android OS, 5 hours 15 minutes keep awake with total of 11 hours and 40 minutes. This is on Extended battery with rooted unlocked bootloader stock ROM and Jame Bond Kernel with undervolting and little over clocking with some setcpu custom profiles. I think my stock kernel was little better. Testing right now better battery stats, alogcat (to pull logs from the phone), cpu cpy. I will flash the stock kernel back in few days to test it again. After that I'm going to flash franco's akop rom and nightly kernel or some lean kernel. I heard good results in terms of battery life.

vicky1377

Reaction score

You won't mess up warranty seriously if you are smart enough though. Almost all the toolkits now a days come with option to re-lock the bootloader, unroot the phone to bring it back to factory settings. You can return/exchange afterwards whatever you like. I just enjoy the freedom of doing anything I want to do with my android phone. I've been apple user for few years until few months ago when I moved to android on AT&T then nexus on Verizon. I'm happy and can't complain whatsoever. I'm rooted unlocked with stock rom and jame bond kernel right now with setcpu undervolting and overclocking profiles. I'm going to flash some 4.0.3 roms and nightly kernels from franco.