I know I'm missing something simple but what is it?

AndyR83

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm installing a new custom OS on my phone and I only did this once before (like 6 months ago.) As a result, I had forgotten how, but the resources on this site helped get me most of the way there. I updated my recovery tools, made a new nandroid backup, downloaded my OS onto the SD card. the OS file I downloaded was a .zip and it contained a boot.img, and 3 folders named 'data' 'METa-INF' and 'system.' My directory structure looks like this:

sdcard/nandroid/blue/(those three folders and the boot.img I mentioned)

I named it "blue" on my own because the zip file did not contain a folder. I know all the walkthroughs say to extract the rom folder from its zip and place this folder onto the sd, but like I said there was no folder in my zip so I made my own folder. Is this an issue?

Whenever I go into recovery mode and try to restore the 'blue' option my droid throws out status 25 error. Everything I'm reading says status 25 means the directory structure is wrong but it seems right to me?

One thing I am noticing is that the other two files I can choose to recover (one is OEM backup and one is the backup I made this afternoon) have a different file structure. Inside their folders they contain a boot.img, cache.rar, data.rar, misc.img, nandroid.md5, recovery.img, and system.rar. The new rom folder doesn't have these things, just the three folders and one .img I listed above.

What am I doing wrong? I really want to get this done :blink:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm installing a new custom OS on my phone and I only did this once before (like 6 months ago.) As a result, I had forgotten how, but the resources on this site helped get me most of the way there. I updated my recovery tools, made a new nandroid backup, downloaded my OS onto the SD card. the OS file I downloaded was a .zip and it contained a boot.img, and 3 folders named 'data' 'METa-INF' and 'system.' My directory structure looks like this:

sdcard/nandroid/blue/(those three folders and the boot.img I mentioned)

I named it "blue" on my own because the zip file did not contain a folder. I know all the walkthroughs say to extract the rom folder from its zip and place this folder onto the sd, but like I said there was no folder in my zip so I made my own folder. Is this an issue?

Whenever I go into recovery mode and try to restore the 'blue' option my droid throws out status 25 error. Everything I'm reading says status 25 means the directory structure is wrong but it seems right to me?

One thing I am noticing is that the other two files I can choose to recover (one is OEM backup and one is the backup I made this afternoon) have a different file structure. Inside their folders they contain a boot.img, cache.rar, data.rar, misc.img, nandroid.md5, recovery.img, and system.rar. The new rom folder doesn't have these things, just the three folders and one .img I listed above.

Error 25 means there are too many folders. You need to take the items out of the folders and put them in one folder only. Not 3. Put it in your Nandroid folder and then do a restore.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
First off.......what ROM (doubt its a whole new OS) are you trying to install? There are some that are in an update.zip formatt that you install differently than a nandroid restore.
Sent from my Droid

OP
AndyR83

AndyR83

Reaction score
First off.......what ROM (doubt its a whole new OS) are you trying to install? There are some that are in an update.zip formatt that you install differently than a nandroid restore.
Sent from my Droid

This is what I was doing wrong. I installed it as an update.zip and it worked, thanks for the tip.