I can't see ringtones.....

OutInTheSticks

Reaction score
I'm trying to set individual ringtones for several people in my contact list. I've followed the instructions below:

HOW TO ADD CUSTOM RINGTONES AND NOTIFICATION SOUNDS TO YOUR PHONE:

1. Connect the device to the computer with the USB cable
2. From the Droid home screen, pull down the Notification bar, located at the top of the screen (or you can also press the Menu Key on the front of your Droid and then select Notifications)
3. Select USB Connected
4. Select Mount
5. From your computer explore the ‘Removable Disk’ which is actually your SD card.
6. Create a folder called Media directly on your SD card, and then create these subfolders inside the Media folder so you should see this structure when browsing the SD card:
Media/Audio (Located inside Media folder)
Media/Notifications (Located inside Audio folder)
Media/MP3s (Located inside Audio folder)
Media/Ringtones (Located inside Audio folder)
Media/Alarms (Located inside Audio folder)
Then just drop your files into the appropriate folder, and assign your personalized ringtones to contacts, email, and the alarm clock.

HOW TO ADD A CUSTOM RINGTONE TO A CONTACT:

1. Go to the Home Screen.
2. Touch Contacts.
3. Select the contact you want to add the ringtone to.
4. Touch the Menu Key.
5. Touch Options.
6. Touch Ringtone and select the desired ringtone.

But when I go to the Options & Ringtone, all that shows up are the default ones.

This morning, I went back in & copied the files to other folders. Now my file structure on the SD card is:

Media
Audio
Media
Notifications
MP3s (this folder has MP3's I want to use as ringtones)
Ringtones (this folder has MP3's I want to use as ringtones)
Alarms
Alarms
Notifications
MP3s (this folder has MP3's I want to use as ringtones)
Ringtones (this folder has MP3's I want to use as ringtones)

* in the above, all 4 folders that have MP3's have the same exact ones.

Until I put the mp3's in the
\Media\Audio\Media\MP3s folder & the
\Media\Audio\Media\Ringtones folders,

the ringtones never showed up.

I want to have a single ringtone for my wife, something that nobody on my phone has.

I follow the instructions above to change it only for her contact, but when I go in & look at her contact it shows correctly. When I go in & check it for the default ringtone for the whole phone, it shows that that same ringtone is the one for the entire phone.

What am I doing wrong to not be able to select a specific ringtone for my wife & something else for varying other collections of people on my phone?

S

What am I doing wrong?

S