Ringtones for individual contacts not sticking

dkelly701

Reaction score
In the past I have had this problem intermittently, but now it is constant and I can't figure it out. I use a custom ringtone as my default ringtone and I have 8 or 10 contacts that I set a personal ringtone for. The default ringtone works perfectly using the mp3 I created. However, the ringtones for the 6 or 8 contacts I have set differently work the first time I set them but very seldom if at all after that. The ringtones are all located in the same location on the SD card. Media\Audio\Ringtones. I have tried different ways of assigning them such as through contacts, Options, set ringtone and using an app called rings extended with the same results. I searched and fond an old thread that addressed this same issue but it had no resolution. Is anyone else still experiencing this or does anyone have any ideas on the cause?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
My guess would be an app interfering with the process. I've had my Droid since release day and have at least 15 custom ringtones working without a hitch the whole time.

I have never used any app that has any control over ringers though. I don't use any apps that replace a stock app (other than skyfire). Keeps the quirkyness away.