HTCDev.com Unlock

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
How do I contact HTC Dev , was looking on their site and couldn't find a way to contact them. I checked the FAQ , but didn't see a support email . Thank you guys for the help. Mr. Smith, yes I checked that I was copying the proper beginning and through the end. I posted my screenshots on the original topic on the Droidforums front page showing my output from the phone and what I pasted into the submit box.

I didn't see the topic you put out. Just what was in here. Sorry man.

HTC Support HTC Mobile Phones - Product Support - Smartphones Help

L
ast parting thought....try giving this to someone you trust via email or whatever and have them try for you.

Last edited:

RVC

Reaction score
Sorry what I was getting at is that you can't run a .exe file on a Mac/Linux. So when you type the commands as given you will drop them off. You will never use a backslash on a Mac. Since Mac adopted linux standards, you will use the forward slash. If you have google talk, I can make this a lot easier.

I appreciate all your patience and help. I don't have Google talk but I did find a good wirteup over on xda on how to do this on the Mac. I will try again tomorrow. I'm sure I will have other questions. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all your patience and help. I don't have Google talk but I did find a good wirteup over on xda on how to do this on the Mac. I will try again tomorrow. I'm sure I will have other questions. Thanks.

Feel free to hit me up on XDA, as I spend way more time over there curing people's ailments...lol

RVC

Reaction score
Ok i got my unlock code in my email. I saved it in the dame folder as my adb and fastboot files. When I go into terminal and type /android/fastboot/ flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin I get "error cannot load 'Unlock_code.bin'. I have tried it several times and can not figure it out. Any Ideas?

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok i got my unlock code in my email. I saved it in the dame folder as my adb and fastboot files. When I go into terminal and type /android/fastboot/ flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin I get "error cannot load 'Unlock_code.bin'. I have tried it several times and can not figure it out. Any Ideas?

If that's exactly what you typed then you have one too man "/"s. You would want :
/android/fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Sent with Resounding success via tapatalk
Verizon Resound Unleashed - rooted and Senseless

RVC

Reaction score
If that's exactly what you typed then you have one too man "/"s. You would want :
/android/fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Sent with Resounding success via tapatalk
Verizon Resound Unleashed - rooted and Senseless
Got it! I accidently moved the fastboot file. I downloaded it and threw it back in the folder and not I have Rezound unlocked goodness. Thanks again for your help!

dadsterflip

Reaction score
When you root and unlock your phone, VZW has NO way of knowing, unless you give it to them rooted and unlocked. So if you loose your rooted phone, its gone, VZW had no idea what you did to it.

So this is pretty accurate? So when you turn your esn in its just for htc dev purposes? Do they not turn those in to vzw or what's the deal? How exactly does the purpose of us turning in the esn?
I would like to root my wife's phone to get these damn debloat but she had a habit to where all the sudden the phone buttons or this or that breaks. Soooo if I root and relock it could I get warrantly for defective or broken parts. (Not software)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
So this is pretty accurate? So when you turn your esn in its just for htc dev purposes? Do they not turn those in to vzw or what's the deal? How exactly does the purpose of us turning in the esn?
I would like to root my wife's phone to get these damn debloat but she had a habit to where all the sudden the phone buttons or this or that breaks. Soooo if I root and relock it could I get warrantly for defective or broken parts. (Not software)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes this is accurate. At the point where you request an unlock key, your phone has not been unlocked. HTC and Verizon have no way of telling that you've unlocked without your phone in hand. And as many Verizon employees have conceded that the people that get your phone for warranty service have no idea what to even look for. So, as long as you unroot before handing it over, Verizon won't give you crap about it. HTC has even said that as long as you didn't cause the problem that they will still provide warranty service as well. And worse come to worse as long as you have handset insurance you can strap the phone to a rocket and pay whatever your deductible is...

apenaroks

Reaction score

Could you point me to that link??? That would be much appreciated! :biggrin: