HTCDev.com Unlock

mjh68

Reaction score
I keep getting unlock failed , reason invalid token length. I am copying everything it says to.. keeps erroring out . not sure what I am doing wrong. Went through the entire process 3 times now and get same error message.

Last edited:

lithium630

Reaction score
For Zergrush to work you need to install the HTC USB drivers and that's it. make sure you uncompress the zip file instead of running the .bat file from inside the zip(I've seen it happen). Make sure HTC Sync is not running on your PC and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the help. I tried another PC and now have ROOT. :)

Anyone get wifi tether working? I tried few programs. I can get devices to connect but no internet access.

RVC

Reaction score
Can I do all this on a Mac...including perm root?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can I do all this on a Mac...including perm root?

Mac instructions are listed on the HTC Dev site, just follow what they have to say there. So far, the perm root is for Windows, as far as I know though.

RVC

Reaction score
I tried this and I guess I am not smart enough....I could not even get the sdk manager to open....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Abs

Reaction score
Does anyone in "the know" have any idea about whether the rezound will receive S-OFF? I'm getting a phone soon and was of course looking at the nexus because of its unlockable capabilities. I know that the rezounds hardware is arguably better than the nexus. If the rezound gets completely unlocked... I feel I might be better going with that device over the nexus. Anyone else feel the same way?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone in "the know" have any idea about whether the rezound will receive S-OFF? I'm getting a phone soon and was of course looking at the nexus because of its unlockable capabilities. I know that the rezounds hardware is arguably better than the nexus. If the rezound gets completely unlocked... I feel I might be better going with that device over the nexus. Anyone else feel the same way?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Complete unlock is almost irrelevant at this point. Unless you really want to be able to flash the radio. The Dev unlock gives us custom ROMS and the ability to mess about in the system partition. I, as probably most are am happy with having this because the worst you can do is soft brick.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried this and I guess I am not smart enough....I could not even get the sdk manager to open....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Forget the SDK manager, I've update the OP with CarePackage.zip that contains all the files you'll need to get through the unlocking process(minus the unlock code).

RVC

Reaction score
Forget the SDK manager, I've update the OP with CarePackage.zip that contains all the files you'll need to get through the unlocking process(minus the unlock code).

I am using a Mac....will this still work if I just use the adb.exe and fastboot file? I have these files in a folder and I am having trouble in terminal finding the path. When I got into my folder with the files I typed in fastboot oem get_identifier_token and it says command not found. Not sure what to do next. Am I typing in the commands incorrectly?

Last edited:
OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am using a Mac....will this still work if I just use the adb.exe and fastboot file? I have these files in a folder and I am having trouble in terminal finding the path. When I got into my folder with the files I typed in fastboot oem get_identifier_token and it says command not found. Not sure what to do next. Am I typing in the commands incorrectly?

Wish I would've known that. For a MAC you will still need to get the SDK working. Windows binaries aren't compatible with Mac. Check this out to see if it helps.
Android SDK | Android DevelopersHow-To Install Android SDK On Windows, Mac and Linux | TalkAndroid.com