HTCDev.com Unlock

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not S-Off but HTC Dev is now allowing the Rezound to use the unlocker at htcdev.com. Hurry before they change their minds.

UPDATE: For anyone having issues with getting the Android SDK installed just grab the attached CarePackage.zip. It contains:
ADB.exe
adbwinapi.dll
adbwinusbapi.dll
fastboot.exe

Last edited:

TheDr1ver

Reaction score
It's not S-Off but HTC Dev is now allowing the Rezound to use the unlocker at htcdev.com. Hurry before they change their minds.

Have you unlocked yours? I'm not crazy about the idea of everything getting wiped, but want to make sure it at least works before doing it.

lithium630

Reaction score
Where are you getting the info from? It's still not on the list of supported devices.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
you beat me to posting it because of work LOL.

Lithium, it's not on the supported list, but the proper files are there to make it unlock. Won't be long at all now before we have a recovery and roms. The only thing we can't do now is change kernel and radio files unless they are signed by HTC. That is because of the S-ON still enabled. so no undervolting to conserve battery, but still great stuff! :)

lithium630

Reaction score
That is great news. Just looking forward to wifi tether and deleting the crapware.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've unlocked and perma-rooted my Rezound. So anyone that's worried about the process should know that at least 10 people have gone through it and more are hitting it as we speak.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
you beat me to posting it because of work LOL.

Lithium, it's not on the supported list, but the proper files are there to make it unlock. Won't be long at all now before we have a recovery and roms. The only thing we can't do now is change kernel and radio files unless they are signed by HTC. That is because of the S-ON still enabled. so no undervolting to conserve battery, but still great stuff! :)

Undervolting is already ready via setCPU and recovery is in the works. We're dancing in the aisles over on XDA.

lithium630

Reaction score
Unlocked and it feels great. :) Does it matter which rooting method for permanent root?

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
straight up zergrush.. not the temp ones we've been using. and I was corrected over on XDA.. there is a way to flash kernels XD, also a couple savvy users got the AmanRA recovery working on Rezound via a manual install of the recovery image

sicilianfool

Reaction score
straight up zergrush.. not the temp ones we've been using. and I was corrected over on XDA.. there is a way to flash kernels XD, also a couple savvy users got the AmanRA recovery working on Rezound via a manual install of the recovery image

Do you have a link to that method? The only root I have using on this phone so far has been through the Clean tool. I believe it uses the zergrush, but not sure

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Worked like a charm. Rezound now unlocked.

For those having issues:

When it come to copying and pasting the token, make sure you have everything from:

Code:
<<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>

[bunch o numbers and letters]

<<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>

Yes, you need the parts that say "Identifier Token Start/End."

Keep following the instructions and you will be good to go.

WARNING! This will factory reset your phone. Just saying (for me at least).

lithium630

Reaction score
root

Sorry for the noobish question but I can't get ZergRush to work. Seems like the drivers won't install correctly because adb can't find the phone. I clicked the executable, Windows asks if I want allow the program to make changes. After clicking okay nothing happens. I tried uninstalling the stock driver but still nothing happens.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the noobish question but I can't get ZergRush to work. Seems like the drivers won't install correctly because adb can't find the phone. I clicked the executable, Windows asks if I want allow the program to make changes. After clicking okay nothing happens. I tried uninstalling the stock driver but still nothing happens.

For Zergrush to work you need to install the HTC USB drivers and that's it. make sure you uncompress the zip file instead of running the .bat file from inside the zip(I've seen it happen). Make sure HTC Sync is not running on your PC and you should be good to go.

jbg25

Reaction score
Verizon forced me to void my warranty last week when I switch my personal account to a corporate account.

So I did not hesitate to do this...so easy!

Can't wait for some customization now :)