HTC Rezound Drops to $50 on Verizon; May Point to Imminent Droid Incredible 4G Launch

loki993

Reaction score
Its a steal at twice the price, which is what I paid during the last sale lol.

I love HTC phones. If I wasn't so impatient and always wanting the newest, I'd spring for this as my upgrade is soon. I'm waiting to see what HTC puts out on Verizon comparable yup the one x, or if Verizon gets the one x. The unlocked bootloader, beats headphones, display, data connection, and everything else make this phone very tempting and a price tag of $50 make this tempting.

Here's the thing though. First we've all heard it before, but Ill say it again, if your always waiting for the next thing, your always waiting. Second no one knows if Verizon will even get the one x, so your waiting for a phone that hasn't been announced yet and may not even exist. If previous situations are any indication, they probably wont get it. What they will get is a refreshed version 6 months to a year later, just as sprint is announcing their next HTC phone.

Also even if Verizon did get the one x 6 months down the road its surely going to be 300 dollars. I guess its up to you if its 250 dollars more phone. I don't know what Rezounds are going for on the open market, but you could upgrade, use it. If something new came out sell the Rez and get the new one off contract, it should at least be enough to offset the price a bit.

I wanted to see what the GSIII was going to be like, but with no announcement and no indication its even ever going to come to Verizon. 79 dollars for a Rezound was a great deal. I'm still running mine stock with full bloat and its plenty fast enough. Yeah everyone likes something that says its faster, but honestly do we really needed it? Probably not. It does eat batteries, but at this point that seems to be all the 4g phones. What little I could find on it its bad battery life was at least a little bit less bad than the others. You want battery life get a razr max.

I say its silly to not go with a Rezound at this prize. At 50 dollars you almost cant lose. Average new phone is what? 600 retail? so you sell the Rezound for 200 and your back at the 300 upgrade price. Easy.

Klaista2k

Reaction score
Isn't the Rezound too similar to the Thunderbolt though? I saw it at the store and it's practically the same phone as the TBOLT but with slightly better hardware.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Isn't the Rezound too similar to the Thunderbolt though? I saw it at the store and it's practically the same phone as the TBOLT but with slightly better hardware.

Not really.

DROID11

Reaction score
JJ
Its a steal at twice the price, which is what I paid during the last sale lol.

Here's the thing though. First we've all heard it before, but Ill say it again, if your always waiting for the next thing, your always waiting. Second no one knows if Verizon will even get the one x, so your waiting for a phone that hasn't been announced yet and may not even exist. If previous situations are any indication, they probably wont get it. What they will get is a refreshed version 6 months to a year later, just as sprint is announcing their next HTC phone.

Also even if Verizon did get the one x 6 months down the road its surely going to be 300 dollars. I guess its up to you if its 250 dollars more phone. I don't know what Rezounds are going for on the open market, but you could upgrade, use it. If something new came out sell the Rez and get the new one off contract, it should at least be enough to offset the price a bit.

I wanted to see what the GSIII was going to be like, but with no announcement and no indication its even ever going to come to Verizon. 79 dollars for a Rezound was a great deal. I'm still running mine stock with full bloat and its plenty fast enough. Yeah everyone likes something that says its faster, but honestly do we really needed it? Probably not. It does eat batteries, but at this point that seems to be all the 4g phones. What little I could find on it its bad battery life was at least a little bit less bad than the others. You want battery life get a razr max.

I say its silly to not go with a Rezound at this prize. At 50 dollars you almost cant lose. Average new phone is what? 600 retail? so you sell the Rezound for 200 and your back at the 300 upgrade price. Easy.

While i do agree with you about never having the latest and greatest, i feel like this phone will be eol soon. It's what 4-5 months old. You have sold me though, if best buy is willing to match this i will probably be going to pick it up tomorrow along with some type of a dock/extra battery as i will geta $50 gift card to best buy just for getting an upgrade through them. Plus they have a better return policy, so if something leaps and bounds ahead of this comes out in a few weeks i can swap the phones no hassle.

loki993

Reaction score
JJ

While i do agree with you about never having the latest and greatest, i feel like this phone will be eol soon. It's what 4-5 months old. You have sold me though, if best buy is willing to match this i will probably be going to pick it up tomorrow along with some type of a dock/extra battery as i will geta $50 gift card to best buy just for getting an upgrade through them. Plus they have a better return policy, so if something leaps and bounds ahead of this comes out in a few weeks i can swap the phones no hassle.

I don't think It will be EOL until Verizon gets a new HTC phone, isn't the Incredible 4G a 4 inch screen? If tis not then maybe. Either way though you really cant beat the price on this thing for what you get. I doubt you'll be disappointed. Plus even if it does go EOL on Verizon I think it will have at least decent Dev support. All that's personal opinion though.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I agree, the front is very similar. My next phone has to be something new, like the Galaxy Note.

wildride89

Reaction score
For 50 bucks I couldn't refuse either mine should be here Monday. Goodbye d3 hello rezound.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
These are the kind of phones and deals that I save my upgrades for. I jumped on this offer the first day it was made available.

Insidious

Reaction score
Anyone think that the inc 3 will be a one s variant?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Escobar

Reaction score
Anyone think that the inc 3 will be a one s variant?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

That actually makes a lot of sense. I can see that happening.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

DROID11

Reaction score
Well I was upset that I hadn't gotten the deal while it lasted on Verizon until today, I bit the bullet and ordered my rezound from Amazon for $50. Gonna sell my bionic to a buddy for, either $150 or $100 plus his thunderbolt (has a cracked screen) I'll try to replace the screen on the bolt or just use it as is when I go out or when I'm doing work outside so I don't risk breaking my rezound.

pUnKtU8

Reaction score
That was just the Easter sale its back to $199 nib and $149 refurbished...I just went through this crap today since today was my 2 yr. Upgrade date so I thought I was gonna get a fat hookup but no have to wait till the next promo which the manager on the phone said will prolly be earth day....I even asked about getting upgraded from my droid3 to a 4g lte phone cause I'm one of the people that still has the unlimited data package but they were like f u dude $199 is a deal...I kind of want the Razer Maxx anyways for the battery life but hope the Fighter comes out ontthe next promo or bogo so I can hook my wife up as well from her Samsung Continum