HTC Droid DNA Officially Announced Coming to Verizon Nov 21st for $200 On Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-dna-by-htc-2-full-multi-view.jpg

The Verizon and HTC joint press event just kicked off, and just as predicted the HTC Droid DNA was just officially announced. The phone is up for pre-order now, and will hit retail shelves on November 21st. The device will sell for $199.99 on a new Verizon contract. The new superphone/phablet has some serious specs which you can see below.
  • 5-inch HD 1080p Super LCD 3 screen (1920x1080) - 440PPI
  • 8MP, f/2.0, 28mm wide angle lens, smart LTE flash, BSI sensor, autofocus, HTC ImageChip and 1080p HD video recorder; 2.1MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor and 1080p video recorder.
  • 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 APQ8064 and MDM9615m Graphics
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean + HTC Sense 4+
  • 16GB eMMC, (11GB usable storage)
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 2020mAh lithium ion - embedded
  • 4G LTE, CDMA, Quad GSM, Quad UMTS
  • Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n
  • 141 x 70.5 x 9.73 mm
  • 138 grams / 4.86 ounces
  • NFC
  • HDMI via MHL
  • HTML5, Bluetooth 4.0 aptX
  • A microUSB and microSIM
  • Headset and speaker amplifiers
  • 3.5mm 2.55v stereo audio jack
  • Dual microphone noise cancellation
  • Embedded wireless charging
  • G-sensor, ambient light sensor, digital compass, proximity sensor, gyro sensor
This is one powerhouse device! It's pretty good looking too. This is like a nerd's ultimate wish-list of features, although the battery is a bit weaker than the rumors suggested and is not removable. Still, it has embedded wireless charging which might offset that inconvenience a tad for some. What do you guys think? Does it wow enough?

Please join the discussion in our new HTC Droid DNA Forums.

Source: Verizon and HTC Press Event

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
HTC hit a homerun with this handset. They needed something big (no pun intended) and this handset definitely delivers the goods.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I knew it wasn't going to be stock Android, but I wish it was...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Liquidsmooth JB v2.0 RC5!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Pretty good! Too bad it'll probably only see one software upgrade in it's lifetime.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Why is the razr maxx hd $300 and this only $200 and what will be the price on amazon for this? I know the maxx hd is $200.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Pretty good! Too bad it'll probably only see one software upgrade in it's lifetime.
You are absolutely correct in that HTC ruined the thunderbolt by ONLY updating it to Gingerbread despite all of their promises for more updates. I love this phone but the fact that I have a thunderbolt is making me leary of buying it.

WestOkid

Reaction score
The battery, The battery, the battery. Beautiful phone, but with those specs I'm thinking thunderbolt with no removable battery. Happy Charging. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The battery, The battery, the battery. Beautiful phone, but with those specs I'm thinking thunderbolt with no removable battery. Happy Charging. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

^^^ precisely... maybe get a case with a built in battery like all those iPhone ones? Oh wait... the defeats the purpose.

this is one incredibly sexy looking phone, but that battery... why HTC... and I hate sense more than Samsung's UI...

but that screen... that screen is beautiful.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Aesthetics are great. Internal specs are decidedly better than the RAZR HD series which should move units. This is definitely looking to be the best "DROID" branded phone released, and it looks like they are returning to what made the series so successful in the first place, only the newest and highest quality phones. Releases like the droid 3 , X2 , and droid charge somewhat diluted the brand but it looks like they are steering the ship in the right direction.

After saying all that though, it isn't enough to win me over the Note 2. Small battery, no SD slot are killer flaws. I also want the bigger size and s pen features of the Note 2. But I'm glad to see this high quality phone being releases at the fair price.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App