HTC Droid DNA Officially Announced Coming to Verizon Nov 21st for $200 On Contract

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
bkdodger said:
It's okay if they offer it 16GB...but come out with 32GB as well & give peeps options.. No problem you pay more ok but give option..

°BK's pure G-Nex°

The onex had 64gigs. D'oh, quite a step backwards.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Re: HTC Droid DNA Officially Announced Coming to Verizon Nov 21st for $200 On

Yeah step back & a shame bc it looks to be a solid looking phone.. They will still sell them so good luck VZW...

°BK's pure G-Nex°

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The first two threads in the HTC DNA thread will be people harping on horrible battery life and lack of storage. Is the 11 gigs available before or after Verizon loads up there bloat?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Re: HTC Droid DNA Officially Announced Coming to Verizon Nov 21st for $200 On

Good question.. I hope they counted VZW bloat.. Otherwise my old 3 gen ipod touch is the winner... :D

°BK's pure G-Nex°

TMYINC

Reaction score
The first two threads in the HTC DNA thread will be people harping on horrible battery life and lack of storage. Is the 11 gigs available before or after Verizon loads up there bloat?

By what i can find the 11 gigs is after system, bloatware, and sense ui but still looking more into it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
TMYINC said:
By what i can find the 11 gigs is after system, bloatware, and sense ui but still looking more into it.

I read somewhere (reliability is questionable at best) the sense used 4gigs to run. Again I don't remember where I read it, so don't bash me.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Very nice looking but I still don't understand manufacture's decision to make devices with non-removable batteries. That's one of the many reason I avoided the iPhone. It feels like were going backwards. Being able to carry a spare battery or have one on the charger while using the other just makes more sense rather than saying oh great my phone is dead and I either have to find a computer with a usb port, an A/C wall outlet or carry around a clunky external backup power source. The only way I might even slightly consider a phone with a non-removable battery is if the battery last a month without needing to be recharged. The companies claim it helps them make the phones thinner which might be true but the Photon Q which has a non removable battery is really thick IMO. Once again it seems we the consumers are going to have to kick these manufactures in the head and bring them back to reality. If we complain enough about it change will happen; it happened (for the most part) with lock bootloaders. In the end it's the almighty consumer dollar that has the final say. Don't buy it and they'll get the hint.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
xsylus said:
Very nice looking but I still don't understand manufacture's decision to make devices with non-removable batteries. That's one of the many reason I avoided the iPhone. It feels like were going backwards. Being able to carry a spare battery or have one on the charger while using the other just makes more sense rather than saying oh great my phone is dead and I either have to find a computer with a usb port, an A/C wall outlet or carry around a clunky external backup power source. The only way I might even slightly consider a phone with a non-removable battery is if the battery last a month without needing to be recharged. The companies claim it helps them make the phones thinner which might be true but the Photon Q which has a non removable battery is really thick IMO. Once again it seems we the consumers are going to have to kick these manufactures in the head and bring them back to reality. If we complain enough about it change will happen; it happened (for the most part) with lock bootloaders. In the end it's the almighty consumer dollar that has the final say. Don't buy it and they'll get the hint.

The manufacturers like the fact that it gives us limited access to the internals, no watching you tube videos on how to tweak this and that. Yes I'm sure you seen one or two. Gives superior "splash" proof protection. And if they put an adequate battery (key word there) we shouldn't need to pry our way onto the inner workings.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I already preordered the Note2 but was considering this phone as well but now that the specs are official the battery and sd issue have killed it for me. Too damn bad as it appears to be an awesome phone. I still have unlimited so cloud is doable but I only have 3 gigs left on my Gnexus as is and already have all my music in the cloud...

You would think that HTC would have thought about these issues seeing that they need a hit. Even if they are pushing folks to the cloud the big 2 in the USA have tiered data which makes cloud services unattractive for most... The battery issue has no reasoning at all so I can't even see a defense for that...

Color me disappointed...

TMYINC

Reaction score
I read somewhere (reliability is questionable at best) the sense used 4gigs to run. Again I don't remember where I read it, so don't bash me.

You could be right. Im not too familiar with sense 4+ but i know sense can run really thick. Ive seen that the dna runs a crapload of vzw bloatware too so combined takes up a lot of space. RUU's for the thunderbolt were bulky so im sure the dna will be no different.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I already preordered the Note2 but was considering this phone as well but now that the specs are official the battery and sd issue have killed it for me. Too damn bad as it appears to be an awesome phone. I still have unlimited so cloud is doable but I only have 3 gigs left on my Gnexus as is and already have all my music in the cloud...

I have a 16gb sd card that's nearly full and my RAZR internal memory is nearly full. Cloud? Sure I'm unlimited but that's just one more step I have to take. The music on my phone is already a selection of my at home music which is over 70gb worth. So no HTC, I won't buy your phone, no sd card kills it. I can live with a small battery, I cannot live with no sd card.

On the bright side the note 2 is almost here

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I have almost all my data storage int/ext available, no issue. Battery is doable. Deal buster is some icrap fanboy dishing dirt on a far better phone and not being able to defend it.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is amazing to me that Verizon is the only major carrier yet to release the Note 2 and this batteryless thing is released first even though the Note 2 was shown months before this one. I want my Note 2 with its giant screen, giant battery, Wacom stylus, SD Card, and optimized-for-stylus software, not a giant phone with a tiny (for the size screen) battery, no Wacom stylus, and fixed memory!

Grumpy-Cat-Tadar-Sauce.jpg

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense. Who on Earth would buy this thing if you could hold this in one hand, the Note 2 in the other, and compare them? Verizon has to delay the GN2 so that they can sell a few DNA's...

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Narsil said:
It is amazing to me that Verizon is the only major carrier yet to release the Note 2 and this batteryless thing is released first even though the Note 2 was shown months before this one. I want my Note 2 with its giant screen, giant battery, Wacom stylus, SD Card, and optimized-for-stylus software, not a giant phone with a tiny (for the size screen) battery, no Wacom stylus, and fixed memory!

Same. It will be worth the wait. Screw Verizon for being the last carrier on earth to get it, for putting that stupid squeezed on logo, and loading it with bloatware and locked boot loader. The phone is worth it. Every review has been stellar. The DNA looks like a nice phone, but I want the bigger size, remove able battery, and expandable storage. And nice stylus apps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App