HTC Droid DNA Officially Announced Coming to Verizon Nov 21st for $200 On Contract

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking but I still don't understand manufacture's decision to make devices with non-removable batteries.

I've never carried a replacement battery. It's not something I have any interest in doing. I like to get a full day, but I'll plug into a nearby charger before replacing a battery. My suspicion is most people feel the same.

However, I have had my battery fall out a few times because the battery doors aren't always perfect. And that's a nuisance.

My only beef with the non-removeable battery is doing a hard reset, which maybe I wouldn't need to do on my Rezound if I wasn't running a rom but I have had to do it.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
...My only beef with the non-removeable battery is doing a hard reset, which maybe I wouldn't need to do on my Rezound if I wasn't running a rom but I have had to do it.

My work associate has a RAZR and it locked up on him. He held the power button for over a minute solid and it wouldn't shut down. He had to leave it that way over the weekend (the screen would turn off automatically but nothing else) until the battery was totally dead. After charging it, it worked. I like being able to pull the battery to hard reboot.

I've also had to replace a battery that went bad in an OG Droid after warranty expired. The battery was bulged and clearly defective.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I've never carried a replacement battery. It's not something I have any interest in doing. I like to get a full day, but I'll plug into a nearby charger before replacing a battery. My suspicion is most people feel the same.

However, I have had my battery fall out a few times because the battery doors aren't always perfect. And that's a nuisance.

My only beef with the non-removeable battery is doing a hard reset, which maybe I wouldn't need to do on my Rezound if I wasn't running a rom but I have had to do it.
I feel exactly the same, many phones with removable batteries tend to have the back cover fall off extremely easy.

soulpatch

Reaction score
My work associate has a RAZR and it locked up on him. He held the power button for over a minute solid and it wouldn't shut down. He had to leave it that way over the weekend (the screen would turn off automatically but nothing else) until the battery was totally dead. After charging it, it worked. I like being able to pull the battery to hard reboot.

Phones like the Razr typically have a workaround for a hard reboot. In the case of the Razr it is holding the power button down as well as volumn down button. I dont have an issue with nonremoveable so long as it is of an appropriate size for the phone.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

I've also had to replace a battery that went bad in an OG Droid after warranty expired. The battery was bulged and clearly defective.

Hold both volume buttons and the poorer button... problem solved. I've had mine lock up like that before, took me three minutes to reboot it.

Now you know and knowing's half the battle.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

geoff5093

Reaction score

Desktops and laptops can be forced to shutdown without having to remove the battery or unplug it, you simply hold the power button down for 10 seconds. The same is true for phones with built in batteries, manufacturers build in a fail safe where if you hold down power and volume up/down for a few seconds, it will force shut it down.