HTC Press Event - Official Launch of the HTC Rezound

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC_Rezound_Official_Press_Image.jpg

We just experienced the live HTC press event, and the new HTC Rezound was the biggest topic of the hour. The phone was introduced by Jimmy Iovine from Beats. It has apparently been built from the ground up to focus on impressive audio, so that folks won't need a separate mp3 player. The new superphone from the top Android manufacturer in the U.S. has some impressive new specs and features, so let's dive right in!
  • Verizon will be the Carrier
  • Beats by Dre Audio & Logo - "music at its heart and soul"
  • Beats headphones
  • 4G LTE
  • 16GB or 32GB of storage (with the microSD in)
  • 1.5GHz Dual-Core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8660)
  • Newest Sense UI 3.5
  • 1GB of RAM
  • Comes with Gingerbread but is ICS Ready for early next year
  • 4.3-Inch 720p HD Display (1280 x 720 res)
  • 1620 mAh Battery
  • 8MP and does 1080p video - Panorama images and Instant Capture - F2.2 lens and low-light sensors - built-in live effects for images and video, like slow motion
This phone is very powerful and feature-rich, and is being taken in a unique marketing direction for audiophiles. With HTC's famous quality, the Rezound definitely makes its mark for Android devices, and is impressive enough to make this holiday season a tough choice for consumers, when comparing all the other superphones available.

The phone will be coming to Verizon stores and Best Buy for $299.99 On-Contract on November 14th!

For more discussions be sure to checkout the HTC Rezound Forum

Source: DroidForums.net - HTC Announces the HTC Rezound Full Press Release

Last edited:

otmlb1128

Reaction score
Link to a video of the press release? Looks very impressive. I'm not a big fan of Sense. Interested in seeing the Instant Capture camera in action.

triplejnj

Reaction score
I did a double take when I saw the dimensions posted. 13.65mm thick?! Almost double as fat as the Razr. Also, no word on the battery or NFC. Watching a live blog, it was almost ALL about the Beats Audio. I have it on my TouchPad. Nice to listen to with headphones and all, but in my opion not necessary on my phone. I think my decision is back down to the Nexus or Razr.

Spec sheet:
http://www.htc-press.com/assets/PDF/HTC_Rezound_Fact%20Sheet.pdf

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Link to a video of the press release? Looks very impressive. I'm not a big fan of Sense. Interested in seeing the Instant Capture camera in action.
Unfortunately they didn't do a live video feed like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus event. If the press was allowed to film during the event, there may be one available later.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
thats pretty thick being 13.7mm... the nexus will be 9.2mm(lte)

No nfc....

Last edited:

techinv

Reaction score
I did a double take when I saw the dimensions posted. 13.65mm thick?! Almost double as fat as the Razr. Also, no word on the battery or NFC. Watching a live blog, it was almost ALL about the Beats Audio. I have it on my TouchPad. Nice to listen to with headphones and all, but in my opion not necessary on my phone. I think my decision is back down to the Nexus or Razr.

Spec sheet:
http://www.htc-press.com/assets/PDF/HTC_Rezound_Fact Sheet.pdf

Nice catch on the dimensions triplejnj. And I am with you on the Beats thing also. I'd rather they stuff a better D/A converter in there if they really wanted better sound. If you didn't catch Engadget's review of the Sensation XE, which focused on analyzing the Beats Audio functionality of the phone, you should, HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio review -- Engadget

I think I'll go for the Nexus for now. If I hate it (unlikely) or if HTC and Verizon manage to deliver a release of ICS for the Rezound that makes it more compelling, then I'll sell the Nexus and buy the Rezound at that point.

Vakharn

Reaction score
The battery is small, but I'm curious how fast that chip it has in it is. How does it compare to the galaxy nexus, or for that matter the galaxy s2 (which, as I understand it, is still the fastest phone on the market due to its significantly faster GPU than the nexus).

otmlb1128

Reaction score
And people were hating on the Galaxy Nexus battery! Also, that's kinda thick. This does make things tough though. The processor would be nice.

I wonder which will feel bigger to carry around and hold? The big screened Galaxy Nexus or the thick Rezound?

I have a feeling I'll end up getting the Galaxy Nexus because I don't think I could stand having Gingerbread for a few months while other people walk around with ICS.

Vakharn

Reaction score
Well it's stated right in the stats that it uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8660 which has an adreno 220 gpu. From what I've been reading it's hard to find a definitive answer on which gpu is faster. Apparently the galaxy s2 outproforms the evo 3d (which has the msm8660) on benchmarks, but the theoretical speed of the adreno is higher than the mali. I'm confused. Either way it's possible that this phone could be faster than the galaxy s2. If anyone has more info that would be great :p