HTC strikes Deal with BEATS by Dr.Dre

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Chou-and-Dre-Are-Homies.jpg

Remember earlier today how we posted HTC’s plans for a major announcement this Thursday? Well, as fun as it was guessing (Could it be a tablet? Unlocked bootloaders? Nexus Three?) thanks to AllThingsD, we now have a better idea what that announcement will be.
Apparently, HTC is investing $300 million dollars into the digital sound company, Beats Electronics. You may have seen this technology inside your HP computers, headphones automobiles and in commercials featuring none other than Dr. Dre himself. In an effort to garner some extra street cred, HTC will have exclusive rights to the tech in their smartphones and will begin integrating Beats audio into their entire line of products. According to HTC, we’ll being seeing the first Beats certified devices before the end of this year.
*UPDATE: Beats has officially confirmed their partnership with HTC ahead of Thursday’s announcement via their Tumblr blog:
Dear Beats Army:
Today marks an incredible day for sound and Beats by Dr. Dre. We are announcing a partnership with HTC, one of the world’s leading wireless manufacturers. With this announcement, our two brands are coming together to redefine the smart phone category and redefine the way that sound is heard.
This partnership with HTC represents the next phase of our vision, placing the utmost importance on giving smart phone fans the opportunity to hear the highest-quality of sound possible. The Beats team, still led by Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine, will continue to manage Beats autonomously.
This is truly an incredible chapter for Beats and we are proud to have you with us. Let’s Go!
THE BEATS TEAM
SOURCE: AllThingsD

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No letdown for me.

This will be a good addition to the Android army. Should go nicely with their On Live partnership. Seeing reviews of the HTC WP7 phone with that huge slide out speaker...they sequel to that phone will need it...lol

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If it could make my Dinc2 louder so I could hear the alert tones I would be happy.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

For that they would need to remake the phone with Beats technology. Its not something that can be sent via update.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Cool. It'd be nice to have nice audio quality on HTC phones. My only hope is that it doesn't make their phones any thicker. HTC usually has really sleak and thin phones..

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Cool. It'd be nice to have nice audio quality on HTC phones. My only hope is that it doesn't make their phones any thicker. HTC usually has really sleak and thin phones..

I doubt it will make them thicker....BEATS headphones also have earbuds...pretty small with great audio quality :)

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Oh dear god. Looks like I might end up straying away from HTC now, despite their unlocking bootloaders...
Honestly, to my ears, beats are nothing but bloated, artificial bass. Unless they decide to actually try to provide a nice, flat response, HTC's out the window now.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Oh dear god. Looks like I might end up straying away from HTC now, despite their unlocking bootloaders...
Honestly, to my ears, beats are nothing but bloated, artificial bass. Unless they decide to actually try to provide a nice, flat response, HTC's out the window now.

Imo...beats are perfect...some ppl don't like them, others do. One thing though, beats aren't made to be used as studio headphones.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
mavado

what up man.

well anyways ive been reading this on many sites. and i have come away with 2 things.

1)biggest announcement letdown ever :)
2) from what i read is this is nothing but overpriced poor audio.
doing some searches it seams this is nothing but to make more bass for crap rap.
and has very poor higher tones.

I myself never heard of it/them. but i dont listen to anything dr dre would push.

so i wonder if this is to invlude headphones which i doubt from what people are saying about the price. so fr they dont make speakers that would go in a cell phone. maybe speakers for a tab device??

just not getting this whole thing. thinking its just a marketing ploy to attract those that have actually heard and follow this fad of beat headphones???

i wonder if the announcement tommorow will actually say what this partnership does or will do.

I did hear that dr dre ate a ice cream sandwich yesterday sooo........ :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well....I might have to retract my orig post...lol

Marketing incentive then. Ppl that like BEATS will probably prefer HTC phones now.

javipoo

Reaction score
AH!! Dr. Dre is legendary. Wish they would team up with Moto, that would make my day.
Most of the reviews I read about the headphones aren't that great, but i'm vain and I love most anything Dr. Dre.

javipoo

Reaction score
in 'Forgot about Dre' he claims
"Gave you a tape full of dope beats
To bump when you stroll through in your hood"

Should he change it to...

Gave you a Gig full of dope beats
To bump when you stroll through in your hood
And when your phone sales wasn’t doin too good
Who’s the doctor they told you to go HTC?

:icon_eek: ah! So bad! Sorry! I had to.

nikecar

Reaction score
but i'm vain and I love most anything Dr. Dre.

Sorta like an Apple cannot.

I cannot stand dre and his crew anymore, but I won't be buying a phone just because he is or isn't involved in the speakers. If everything else is great, I might overlook his involvement
Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums