HTC's Major Announcement: HTC Partners with 'Beats by Dre' for Integrated Devices

Cdjones187

Reaction score
If anyone is familiar with price/quality ratio of the "beats" collection of headphones, you know they are about double the price of their equally good competition. Meaning your gonna pay more just because it has Dr.Dres name on it, and unless your pairing your phone with their headphones (100+ a pair) this is pointless. The audio is only as good as the headphones hooked up to it and the quality of the audio being played.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Different thread, but like I said, they would've done better pairing with Audio Technica, Sennheiser, Pioneer, etc. Any of them would do better with audio. Beats=bloated, farting bass with everything else sounding muddy.
Now amped beats are decent from what I hear...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If anyone is familiar with price/quality ratio of the "beats" collection of headphones, you know they are about double the price of their equally good competition. Meaning your gonna pay more just because it has Dr.Dres name on it, and unless your pairing your phone with their headphones (100+ a pair) this is pointless. The audio is only as good as the headphones hooked up to it and the quality of the audio being played.

So...like someone mentioned...they are basically the Monster HDMI cables of headphones.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC and Beats by Dr. Dre - YouTube

It turns out that Malvado's story yesterday giving us a "heads up" on the "major" HTC announcement was absolutely correct. Yesterday, we were teased that HTC would make a "major announcement" today. The official announcement has been made and it turned out to be a partnership with "Beats by Dre". If you are unfamiliar, Beats by Dre (a.k.a Beats Electronics) is a music production company that also sells audio accessories like headphones. It was started by famed wrapper Dr. Dre. In the music industry, it is a well recognized brand, and the partnership means that HTC will actually be coming out with Beats by Dre branded integrated Android devices and accessories.

Sorry...but this made my day...LOL!!!

I dont know tho....back before NWA...back before World Class Wrecking Crew...there is a pic of Dre floating around with some...questionable clothes on. Wrapper might be the right word..

LMAO! I can't belive I missed that typo. That would be more embarrassing if I weren't laughing so hard at myself. Thanks! :rofl3: