HTC Considering Dropping Beats Integration Altogether & May Drop Prices on Handsets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
beets-by-dre_thumb.jpeg

Not long ago, we reported that HTC dropped their bundled Beats Audio headphones, and they also sold back 50% of their stake in the Beats Audio company. Insider sources suggest that HTC may be looking to distance themselves even further from Beats Audio. In fact, according to industry intel, HTC may be looking to ditch their Beats Audio integration completely. Additional intel also indicates that HTC may be considering a drastic drop in the prices of their handsets, in order to spur demand for their products.

Ultimately, if they do ditch the Beats Audio, it will probably be a wise decision. In fact, most of us here in the office were scratching our heads the first time we heard that HTC would be integrating the Beats Audio branding late last year. Getting focused and streamlined may just be what they need to help them recover. Regardless, dropping the prices on their phones isn't a bad idea either, and may just spur consumers to try out HTC again. What do you guys think?

Incidentally, I just love the pic that the guys at AndroidPolice used for this story, and just had to include it!

Source: HTCOneForum via AndroidPolice

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
That would be nice. Drop their price so I can get another phone off contract so I can keep my unlimited. I really want HTC to survive. I've only owned HTC smart phones and I've been thrilled with each one. I really don't want a Moto or Sammy. They aren't bad phones but looking at the total package IMHO they're inferior to HTC. OK, the Moto and Sammy fans can flame away now but there still isn't a phone out there that I would take over my Rezound.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Beats headphones are terrible. They don't stay in your ear and the bass is just too much.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
kodiak799 said:
The Beats headphones are terrible. They don't stay in your ear and the bass is just too much.

I agree. I have a hard time getting them to sit right. Once I get them in right I like them but only because they were free. I would never spent that kind of money on headphones. It was a bad idea to partner with them. They need to get back to the basics and make quality phones without the gimmicks. A litttle bigger stock REMOVABLE batttery wouldn't hurt either. That's the biggest turn off for me with the Razr, Maxx, and the One X.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they ever make a Nexus again I'll consider it. Otherwise, I don't much care what the price is.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It would be nice to get a high end phone off contract without spending around $600.

armeddroid

Reaction score
nikecar said:
No, they thought with Beats, their phones' audio would be on steriods.. only thing on steroids is Dre himself.

I remember seeing that. He got all beefed up cause at the last award show he attended, some guy stole on him while walking by. Lmao

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
That would be nice. Drop their price so I can get another phone off contract so I can keep my unlimited. I really want HTC to survive. I've only owned HTC smart phones and I've been thrilled with each one. I really don't want a Moto or Sammy. They aren't bad phones but looking at the total package IMHO they're inferior to HTC. OK, the Moto and Sammy fans can flame away now but there still isn't a phone out there that I would take over my Rezound.

Sorry to break this to you, but I own both the Rezound and the S3, and the S3 runs circles around the Rezound, not saying the Rezound is a bad phone, it is great, and I still use it from time to time "have it mostly as a backup", but I use the S3 majority of the time.
In regards to Beats Audio, I thought it was the start of HTC's slow downfall, what a waste of $300 million, and now another $40 million down the tubes in this online gaming service, it seems to me there needs to be some cleaning up in their R&D department, and don't get me started with their crappy batteries.

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
cybertec69 said:
Sorry to break this to you, but I own both the Rezound and the S3, and the S3 runs circles around the Rezound, not saying the Rezound is a bad phone, it is great, and I still use it from time to time "have it mostly as a backup", but I use the S3 majority of the time.
In regards to Beats Audio, I thought it was the start of HTC's slow downfall, what a waste of $300 million, and now another $40 million down the tubes in this online gaming service, it seems to me there needs to be some cleaning up in their R&D department, and don't get me started with their crappy batteries.

I'm under no illusions. I know the Rezound isn't the fastest or most powerful phone anymore. But it still handles everything I throw at it and asks for more. The build quality is second to none. And it was the same with my Dinc and Dinc2. For me HTC is the phone of choice.

acousticshade

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:

The Rezound is also about 10 months old, and for its age, it has held up very well. The one x is very comparable to the s3, however. Not sure, but the rezound camera may still be better in a few regards. I believe it is better at macro shots, but I could be wrong.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Rezound will get new life with Jelly Bean. They are really close to having ICS run vanilla Android without a hitch, and jelly bean supposedly already addresses some issues they have.

But I've been running the same rom for months and months without barely an issue. No longer do I waste time tweaking and flashing roms trying to squeeze every last bit of power out. And I don't mind sense - with the senseless rom I'm running it really isn't even noticeable, and I actually like some of the HTC widgets.

Anyway, until you give me a phone that's actually powerful enough to dual-boot Windows and run something more than a simple spreadsheet I don't see a need for an upgrade. You'll get my attention when you have something that I can leave my laptop at home and just plug-in a monitor and keyboard to my phone and not skip a beat.

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
The Rezound will get new life with Jelly Bean. They are really close to having ICS run vanilla Android without a hitch, and jelly bean supposedly already addresses some issues they have.

But I've been running the same rom for months and months without barely an issue. No longer do I waste time tweaking and flashing roms trying to squeeze every last bit of power out. And I don't mind sense - with the senseless rom I'm running it really isn't even noticeable, and I actually like some of the HTC widgets.

Anyway, until you give me a phone that's actually powerful enough to dual-boot Windows and run something more than a simple spreadsheet I don't see a need for an upgrade. You'll get my attention when you have something that I can leave my laptop at home and just plug-in a monitor and keyboard to my phone and not skip a beat.

You read my mind or I read yours either way HTC Rezound just seem a prefect phone. I have had issues with it, but that was all apps side. I'm also rooted which has had some side effects but that's the rooted issues. Minor and not caring to fix them due to they never really show up. Stock / Rooted.. loving me some HTC... Wife updated and loves the new interface and OS..

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Nice to see HTC dropping beats. All they need to do now is partner with a proper audio equipment company and work on battery life. I'd personally love to see UE or Audio Technica play a part in smartphone audio so people really listen properly and safely rather than just hear some rapper screaming away at 100dB.

Breakfast beats worrying.