How's Gingerbread Coming

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Happy days!
I'm sticking on RubiX for a bit though until the smoke clears and I get brave. Besides I finally found a theme or two I like enough over the clean stock theme to actually try.

Porkweasel

Reaction score
I'm sticking with rubiX too. I don't want to sacrifice speed for bloat. That's why I'm hoping Drod has the time to work on a new GB version of rubiX. If not, I guess I'll stick with 2.0.1 until I upgrade to a new phone.

rndchef

Reaction score
It was very difficult to give up Honeycomb Rubix for the GB root deodexed. I finally had my phone at a great place with speed, battery and looks. But I did since I just could not help myself. GB has some better blur features and it is pretty fast OC'd and Spare Parts but it's not Rubix. Just different.

timelord

Reaction score
I'm sticking with rubiX too. I don't want to sacrifice speed for bloat. That's why I'm hoping Drod has the time to work on a new GB version of rubiX. If not, I guess I'll stick with 2.0.1 until I upgrade to a new phone.

Bloat can be easily removed and/or frozen from GB

Reaction score

At least some of the speed of rubiX is because of tweaks that Drod has made. I'm not sure how a bloatless blurry GB stacks up against rubiX but I'd bet rubiX is still at least a little faster.

Porkweasel

Reaction score
I know I can de-bloat GB with TitanimBU, but it's all about the tweaks. Drod has Froyo purring!

At least some of the speed of rubiX is because of tweaks that Drod has made. I'm not sure how a bloatless blurry GB stacks up against rubiX but I'd bet rubiX is still at least a little faster.

mcp770

Reaction score
I removed the bloat from the rooted/deodexed gb and I have to say it is pretty darn responsive. Other than removing bloatware I installed dx oc app and set to conservative ulv 1.0 and I am at 90% extended battery at 8.5 hours uptime with moderate to light use. I really think they got allot of things right on this one. Custom roms on gb are going to kick ass. Now with the rooted/deodexed version available it is as easy as loading any custom rom. I recommend you guys at least play with it for a couple days.

jstme

Reaction score
Sorry, new at this. I have Rubix set up sooo sweet. BUT, maybe things (battery) can get a bit better. IF I have a backup of Rubix, can I restore? I thought the GB made it impossible to go back. Or was that the unrooted version? (No, I am not comfortable SBF'n, etc. <G> )

mcp770

Reaction score
If on the rooted gb:

1: download either maderstock340 or the tbh monster340 zip to your sd card.

2: boot into recovery using d2 bootstrap app. (dx bootstrap doesn't work on gb)

3: install the zip from step one, reboot to stock 340

4: use z4root to reroot and the dx bootstrap to go into clockwork recovery.

5: restore your rubix backup or install any 340 based rom as usual.

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
If on the rooted gb:

DX bootstrap doesn't work on GB? Does that mean I have to buy D2 bootstrap if I want to go back to liberty?

timelord

Reaction score
If on the rooted gb:

I believe this is inaccurate, you have to sbf back to .340. You can't simply flash a zip back to stock. GB is a completely new system, it won't recognize .340 roms or files.

timelord

Reaction score
I know I can de-bloat GB with TitanimBU, but it's all about the tweaks. Drod has Froyo purring!

Agreed, but gb is a game changer. gb has full blur and runs faster than rubix! At least on my phone it does.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If on the rooted gb:

I believe this is inaccurate, you have to sbf back to .340. You can't simply flash a zip back to stock. GB is a completely new system, it won't recognize .340 roms or files.

No, its correct. Maderstock is the zip equivalent of an sbf. Its already been tried and works.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2