Droid Pro Gingerbread Tethering

StingRay

Reaction score
Anyone who has updated their Pro to Gingerbread via the rooted version made available by P3Droid and Team Black Hat's app, and has been unable to tether due to the new security in place within Gingerbread, the new beta noted on the home page of Droidforums.net works....just gave it a try....

Download the new wireless tether beta available here.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/152394-droid-x-gingerbread-wireless-tether-workaround.html
and then go into settings and select your device type as DroidX...I tried Droid2, but my tablet would not find the Android Tether....

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Nice find. Im not a big tetherer but its nice to have that option.

boodafli

Reaction score
doesn't work for me. i still get the vzw splash to buy broadband. have been since yesterday. my tablet isn't here yet, but i'm hopeful that the pdanet tablet app will do what i want it to do.

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
doesn't work for me. i still get the vzw splash to buy broadband. have been since yesterday. my tablet isn't here yet, but i'm hopeful that the pdanet tablet app will do what i want it to do.

So when does it go to the vzw splash page...when you first turn on the wireless tether or when you try to connect a device?

I am tethering a rooted android tablet (ASUS Transformer) so I'm wondering if that is why it is working for me...I rarely tether either, but definitely like to have the ability if some situation comes up...

jwgraves

Reaction score

So when does it go to the vzw splash page...when you first turn on the wireless tether or when you try to connect a device?

I am tethering a rooted android tablet (ASUS Transformer) so I'm wondering if that is why it is working for me...I rarely tether either, but definitely like to have the ability if some situation comes up...

same here...I upgraded to the TBH rooted Gingerbread last week and my wireless tethering still works fine, no VZW splash screen..shhhhhh

boodafli

Reaction score
well, typically i don't tether either. but whenever i connect my laptop, the mobile hotspot fires up in addition to the yellow wireless tether beta, and it directs me to a splash screen. plus, it borks my data connection. i have to reboot, or things like tapatalk and social networking apps won't connect to server.

OP
StingRay

StingRay

Reaction score
Well upon further review, I AM having issues afterall....

while I was able to tether fine...my android tablet to my Droid Pro...the Gingerbread security basically hijacked my network data connection....wasn't receiving exchange emails, google email, internet connection, or any other apps requiring data connection....

was in meetings late morning, early afternoon and didn't realize what was going on...I tried to open Dolphin Browser on my Pro and it took me to VZW's mobile hot spot webpage....I rebooted my Pro and all service was restored...emails all started flowing in....what I don't like is that there is still a notifier that tells VZW when/if I'm tethering....no big deal for me because I don't have a real need to tether, but still don't like VZW having the ability to hijack my phone...could have put me in a real bind....

so booda I'm in the same spot....no real loss but still chaps me....

gqiq

Reaction score
StingRay or anyone else...has there been any resolution to this? Didn't realize when I upgraded to GB that I'd be giving up my tether.

Tethering is clutch as hell. Don't use it much, but it counts when I do. Please let me know if you found a way to fix this.

**Update** Easy Tether is working for me, but Wireless tether is still a no go. HELP!

Last edited:

boodafli

Reaction score
The cm7 rom in the haxks subforum has wireless tethering.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk