Gingerbread and Wifi Tether

ShortBus

Reaction score
Works great. finally got wireless tether back on my phone.. woohoo!! thank you much!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 3.0 ver of wifi tether (yellow icon)? That's what I use (the rare times I do tether).

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

porpoise hork

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 3.0 ver of wifi tether (yellow icon)? That's what I use (the rare times I do tether).

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

just did

running the p3droid rooted .596 GB

applied the TBH patch via bootstrap and had to change the dns to 4.2.2.2 /4.2.2.1 in Ver3 -pre14 tether app. first atempt got the pay me site from big red. tried removing the app and reinstalled it and reset the DNS. I tried it again and it works perfectly.

only thing that makes me caustios is the DX will show the stock tether and V3 icons in the notification bar.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The patch can be found at mydroidworld or from buying the tbh app.

sent from droidforums app

bitsnhoes

Reaction score
I tried installing the TBH patch and it worked once. But since then my computer fails to connect, and in the rare times it does connect, I can't get online. I'm beginnign to think verizon made a change in the network since I originally installed. Here is what I'm using:
Rooted droid 1
UD 3.3.1
Kernal version 2.6.32.9 stk
The most recent version of tether (I think 3.0 pre)
I'm trying to connect to a macbook pro
I would love to know if anyone knows any work arounds

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to get the patch you have to buy the tbh app here: Team Black Hat

Please do not post your email on here so you can distribute files from that app.

Thanks.

schrajw

Reaction score
Where do I find support documentation for the TBH app? It's locking up my DX every time I try to launch it after install. Not quite what I was expecting from them.

schrajw

Reaction score
Ok, finally found the uninstall zip and got rid of it for now. Too bad TBH hasn't gotten it to work for .596 yet. Anyone having any luck out there with rooted GB and wireless tethering?

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Verizon is watching and blah, blah, blah... spare me the crap. I only use it every once in a blue moon and think Verizon is extremely greedy with wanting us to pay all of these little extra fees for just about everything. It screams cheap service provider (and I like Verizon). Give me one fee to pay each month for everything. Is that so much to ask? For example texting packages... Wtf is that all about? Anyone who has worked in the cell industry (at least on an engineering level) knows the stream is automatically included with voice. It's so annoying they charge extra for texting. Anyhow, we all pay more than enough for what they're providing. Don't abuse it and they'll stay out of your hair.

With that said, and yes I feel a bit better now, again just wondering if anyone has had success getting past the "Stop! Got directly to jail right now!" screen?

french44

Reaction score
I sent you an email

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Do you still happen to have the TBH patch for 3G hotspot for DX? If so could you please email it to frnch44 at gmail dot com? Thanks.