How's Gingerbread Coming

whatsinaname

Reaction score
Thanks Drod

All I can say is that 2.0.1 focused will be on my phone for a while.
Usually I say "If something is working, you haven't been tinkering enough."
But Rubix works flawless on my phone, and I will only swap it out if Drod comes up with something better. Over clocked and great battery, only thing missing for me is hdmi, but I have yet to figure out why I would want it so I am not missing anything.

Thanks for all your work, and you are appreciated. I also like that you respond to posts like this thread and let your followers know what is going on.

Keep on keepin on.

marcfogel

Reaction score
Been through a few phones in my time and the droid x is no exception to the laws of attrition. The market is saturated with android products and the hardware is advancing at breakneck speeds with new and significantly better models released almost quarterly. To date I feel the devs have done a great job working magic on my locked down x in comparison to the stock rom. Thinking the x will have any longevity by way of updates is a pipe dream with our bootloader. Devs are just like the rest of us wanting the newest and fastest roms they can have and we can't expect them to support us for two years when better phones are released.

Personally I view all future updated custom roms as a gift. I don't expect anything mind blowing with this phone anymore but I will always welcome any surprises. The locked bootloaders will indeed sell more phones because we will all want the new best thing and the loaders force us to upgrade to attain this. There is no money in phones like the droid 1, people kept them too long because they could easily mod the unlocked phone. Be happy with the gifts drod and others have given us and be prepared to change phones if you want more.

I wish the Nexus S was available on Verizon!

androidgeek

Reaction score
I played with the nexus @ bb and it was like driving a cadalac.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Whitemike358

Reaction score
In my opinion, I will be getting whatever phone drod has and is working on at the time of my upgrade. I wouldn't even have rooted my phone if not for all the great reviews I got of his work and I am hooked on rubix. What else can you ask for? It might take him a little while because everyone has a life outside of this stuff but he has always responded to my pm's so there ain't much to complain about. Try talking to motorola about their rom!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
All I can say is that 2.0.1 focused will be on my phone for a while.
Usually I say "If something is working, you haven't been tinkering enough."
But Rubix works flawless on my phone, and I will only swap it out if Drod comes up with something better. Over clocked and great battery, only thing missing for me is hdmi, but I have yet to figure out why I would want it so I am not missing anything.

Thanks for all your work, and you are appreciated. I also like that you respond to posts like this thread and let your followers know what is going on.

Keep on keepin on.

I try to respond to the best of my ability. I'm not an almighty being that you guys don't deserve to talk to because I made a rom, and I refuse to act like one ;)

lancasterv3

Reaction score
I have tried almost all the roms rubix focused is the best hands down. I was really looking foward to GB but if it is broken and cannot be made to work well no point in having it. It just upsets me that i got the X 7 months ago and now boom it is over with "it was a good run though". I just cannot justify getting the tbolt, "even though i would love to". but in any case rubix focused 2.0.1 will keep me running until i get another phone. Thanks Drod and all the other devs you'll still get my donations dancedroid

bubba82

Reaction score
Well thanks for that im new here and can't beloved the speed if your rom. Gingerbread looks good. Hope verizion pushes it out or u have a rom built 1st ;)

I try to respond to the best of my ability. I'm not an almighty being that you guys don't deserve to talk to because I made a rom, and I refuse to act like one ;)[/QUOTE]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Porkweasel

Reaction score
An update from Twitter on the possibility of a Gingerbread ROM for the DX from Drod2169:

"DX Supporters/Followers: If I have a chance to make rubiX Gingerbread, I will. No promises, no ETA's, no release even confirmed."

Obviously we all hope there will be a Gingerbread rubiX ROM in the future, as it would be a fitting end to Drod's develpment on the X since there's a good chace the DX won't be upgraded past Gingerbread officially. For now let's enjoy what we have, since it's the most stable ROM out there, and hope Drod has the time to work on a new rubiX when he gets around to it.

LATER!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Still have to wait for gingerbread to get rooted before we start worrying about roms for it lol. Admitted though, it would be very nice to have rubix on gingerbread.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Reaction score
I'm running the leak right now and it's fast...not as fast as rubiX though.

I hope drod can make Ginger-rubiX happen because I can only imagine how fast it would be after he got his hands on it.

I'm going back to rubiX tonight, just had to see what the fuss was a bout. Moto did a good job with this but at this point it doesn't offer me anything rubiX doesn't already.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
I'm running the leak right now and it's fast...not as fast as rubiX though.

I hope drod can make Ginger-rubiX happen because I can only imagine how fast it would be after he got his hands on it.

I'm going back to rubiX tonight, just had to see what the fuss was a bout. Moto did a good job with this but at this point it doesn't offer me anything rubiX doesn't already.

Funny, because I downloaded TBH's GB release file but didn't install it. Yeah, rubiX is that good. Besides, GB ain't rooted...yet. I saw DRod's tweet. I've got my fingers, arms, toes, legs and eyes crossed :blink: for a GB rubiX. (Perhaps codename: gingerbiX)

That would be a great end of support for us X users DRod. Even if you don't I thank you again for the work that you did do. :rating10:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Though I hope you do release a GB ROM in the Rubix family, I wont' hold it against you if you don't. You have done such an amazing job with the DX. The release of GB for the DX looks amazing and though I want to try it, I love Rubix too much to get rid of it, as well as root access.

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Ya know what.. Boom! Donate done. It isn't much, but it's in thanks for Rubix Focused 2.0.1 and hopes for future DX development. Hoping to hear those happy words "Gingerbread Rooted" soon. Until then, RubiX Focused is staying on my X for a while.

marcfogel

Reaction score
Drod tweeted this on Monday:

DX Supporters/Followers: If I have a chance to make rubiX Gingerbread, I will. No promises, no ETA's, no release even confirmed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk