Gingerbread is going through soak test now !!!!!!

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I hope this update fixes the reboot issues. VZW tech support didn't have a clue to help with this problem. They were trying to tell me about dl certain apps like task killer can cause the random reboots which may be true but not the case with my phone. It started after that last update. So they said either a battery pull or a master reset can fix the problem. Wrong again. A lot is riding on this gb update whenever it finally comes out.

Same...and that says to me that the update did serious, unfixable damage to the hardware code...I forgot the proper term for it.

Because a master reboot really should fix things that a simple update messed up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

The software coding has a issue and not even a master reset can solve that because reset of any nature don't change the code. Most of my resets occur when the phone is initially connecting to a cell tower, whether it be a 4G tower or me switching from WiFi to 3G. I believe the problem is the programming behind the baseband coding for these 3G/4G radios.

Remember prior to this update the reboot issues didn't exist. So the damage can be undone.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I hope this update fixes the reboot issues. VZW tech support didn't have a clue to help with this problem. They were trying to tell me about dl certain apps like task killer can cause the random reboots which may be true but not the case with my phone. It started after that last update. So they said either a battery pull or a master reset can fix the problem. Wrong again. A lot is riding on this gb update whenever it finally comes out.

Same...and that says to me that the update did serious, unfixable damage to the hardware code...I forgot the proper term for it.

Because a master reboot really should fix things that a simple update messed up.

The software coding has a issue and not even a master reset can solve that because reset of any nature don't change the code. Most of my resets occur when the phone is initially connecting to a cell tower, whether it be a 4G tower or me switching from WiFi to 3G. I believe the problem is the programming behind the baseband coding for these 3G/4G radios.

Remember prior to this update the reboot issues didn't exist. So the damage can be undone.

Sounds like a valid point. The sooner the better for MR2 AND Gingerbread. But to contradict myself, I want it to be right when it does come out. Right now would be good, right and now would be better. :)

Beardface

Reaction score
So... according to the OP, the update has been cancelled because Verizon rejected the GB build for the TBolt...

LOL, f'ing comical, and yet typical.

TBolt users are 3rd rate customers using the most expensive phone on the network. Go figure

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yea vzw is starting to become horrible on allowing there devices to be updated

wesdo2gg

Reaction score

I agree with most of what you said, but this is not true. My brother got back from Afghan 2 weeks ago & his TB reboots. He hasn't had the update either. I was having reboot issues after the OTA until I put on the MR2.5 radio so there's something to be said there.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I've never had a random reboot, and i've owned the tb since release day. I'm anxiously awaiting gb though!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.

robrecht

Reaction score

I think the term you're looking for is firmware. And the term 'factory reset' is a misnomer because it does not really return the phone to it's factory or initial firmware. The MR1 OTA update will still be there after a 'factory reset' or 'master reboot.'

robrecht

Reaction score
I agree with most of what you said, but this is not true. My brother got back from Afghan 2 weeks ago & his TB reboots. He hasn't had the update either. I was having reboot issues after the OTA until I put on the MR2.5 radio so there's something to be said there.
Correct. There was a reboot issue prior to MR1, but MR1 exacerbated the problem, causing it for many people that did not previously have this problem.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

The TB has had reboot issues since day 1, as have a ton of other Android devices. It's an OS flaw, and it is one that they have yet to fix. Been almost a year now...

tigerdroid

Reaction score
My wife and I just got the TB yesterday coming from fascinates. We both had to update and I've had 5 random reboots, and she's had none so far. I'm confident this phone isn't the s/w nightmare the fascinate is.

robrecht

Reaction score
UPDATE: VZW WAS TELLING MY BUDDY WHAT HE WANTED TO HEAR HE CALLED THEM THIS AFTERNOON & GOT ANOTHER REP & SAID THE SOAK TEST WAS CANCELED BECAUSE VZW HAS REJECTED THE GB/MR RELEASE .... THANKS VZW FOR NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!
LOL, Tried to warn you & your buddy. Calling Verizon should be packaged as a Vcast entertainment app. Don't forget to tip your waitress!

Thanks, Robrecht

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hope the official gb fixes an issue I have with all gb roms.

With aux plugged in...transmitter mic doesn't work. This is important to me as I talk through my phone while plugged into my car stereo and its hands free

As of now all on receiving contacts cannot hear me while plugged into my stereo. I have to hold my phone

sig...helping with some theme work for thunderbread gonna be sweet

guyinlaca

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if the complications are Google's fault or Due to integration of manufacturer overlays with the new code. Other models that were upgraded including Motorola and Samsung are having issues. The phones doing well with Gingerbread were designed specifically for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
Seems like to me Verizon rejected it like they did moto's because of being to buggy.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

blazednova

Reaction score
since 7:30am today it has rebooted 6 times..OMG come on already!!!!!!!!!

it sounds like you should root;), i haven't had a reboot for almost 2 1/2 months. and my battery life is out standing, 15+ hours with 48% left and im on the stock battery.
FWIW we have a full sense 3.0 port and it's my new addiction.