Gingerbread is going through soak test now !!!!!!

tigerdroid

Reaction score
What radio are you using?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jogutier

Reaction score
UPDATE: VZW WAS TELLING MY BUDDY WHAT HE WANTED TO HEAR HE CALLED THEM THIS AFTERNOON & GOT ANOTHER REP & SAID THE SOAK TEST WAS CANCELED BECAUSE VZW HAS REJECTED THE GB/MR RELEASE .... THANKS VZW FOR NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!

First Posted:
I just talked to my buddy he is a manager @ a vzw corporate store he had to train his associates on the features of the htc thunderbolt gingerbread Late Last week .......they have been doing a soak test since late last night according to who he talked to @ vzw corporate saying that users should be able to pull update late this afternoon or early tomorrow morning i am hoping that vzw corporate would not bs one of there vzw corporate store managers

Ok, just to clarify. A soak test is when Verizon sends out an update to the first batch of phone which has not happen in the Thunderbolts case. :icon_evil: But I can say that Verizon is currently testing it and it's looking good so mid July would be a solid date for this update. :icon_ banana:dancedroid

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hope this update fixes the reboot issues. VZW tech support didn't have a clue to help with this problem. They were trying to tell me about dl certain apps like task killer can cause the random reboots which may be true but not the case with my phone. It started after that last update. So they said either a battery pull or a master reset can fix the problem. Wrong again. A lot is riding on this gb update whenever it finally comes out.

Same...and that says to me that the update did serious, unfixable damage to the hardware code...I forgot the proper term for it.

Because a master reboot really should fix things that a simple update messed up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

A master reboot will not fix a firmware issue that caused reboots. Its not irreversible damage.

The reboots are radio related. That ota included new 3g and lte radios. To my experience it was the lte baseband that caused them. I have been using a combo radio that included the new 3g baseband and the previous lte one and never had a reboot after that.

Many people who experienced reboots and decided to root...it solved the reboot issue by flashing the leak radio (in most cases). If it was irreversible damage...I would still be having reboots.

I actually find this amusing but enlightening at the same time to see the lack of knowledge about your phone yet repeated posts bashing how crappy the tbolt is and just grabbing at excuses to use in support of your opinion that the tbolt is garbage.

sig...helping with some theme work for thunderbread gonna be sweet

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
If you all want the GB update for your TBs just let me know and I'll root my phone and install a ROM.

The moment I finish setting up my TB just the way I like it VZW will begin rolling out fresh software which will require me to wipe my device and start from scratch in order to get it.

portermac

Reaction score
I don't understand how some thunderbolts are having reboot issues and others aren't having any. If its a problem with 3g and lte, shouldn't all of the thunderbolts have the same problems? I got my wife one reluctantly about three weeks ago and the only problem she has had is a second freeze after exiting out of text message. She is unrooted with the factory launcher.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't understand how some thunderbolts are having reboot issues and others aren't having any. If its a problem with 3g and lte, shouldn't all of the thunderbolts have the same problems? I got my wife one reluctantly about three weeks ago and the only problem she has had is a second freeze after exiting out of text message. She is unrooted with the factory launcher.

We all don't live in the same areas and signal strength varies. Most reports of reboots happened in marginal 4g lte areas

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you want gb I suggest gingeritis 1.1 out today. As stable as it gets ATM. Or thunderbread when it comes out. Boreds roms are as stable as it gets in my experience

portermac

Reaction score
Ok now that makes sense. We are in Birmingham AL, and while 3g is outstanding our 4g wont get here till august,september. We shouldn't have to worry considering the update will hopefully be here before then. Unless the update doesn't work. We shall see.

jacks revenge

Reaction score
The soak is over and Gingerbread is here!

Man the THB is running lighting fast!

Sent from my Gingerbread THB

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
its an improved version of The MR2 that was leaked